If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Uncyclopedia's entry on TVTropes

edited 2012-01-07 14:20:24 in IJAM
No rainbow star

Comments

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    That's Wikipedia.

Or am I missing a joke?
  • Champion of the Whales
  • I clench my fists and yell "anime" towards an uncaring, absent God, and swear solemnly to press my thumbs into Chocolate America's eyeballs until he is blinded, to directly emasculate sporting figures, to beat the shit out of tumblr users with baseball bats, and to quietly appreciate what Waylon Smithers being gay means to me.
    Wait, TVTropes hasn't been translated into  Nipponese? That is hilarious
  • No rainbow star
    Whoops, how did I grab the wrong link?
  • No rainbow star
    There, fixed
  • It pretty much nails a lot of the problems of the editing portion of the site. 
  • Uncyclopedia is hit or miss, but when it hits it's very funny.
  • edited 2012-01-07 16:45:10
    Likes cheesecake unironically.
    Why do I have the feeling that the next TV Tropes shitstorm is approaching rapidly?
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    And that's why Uncyclopedia is funnier than Encyclopaedia Dramatica.
  • You can change. You can.
    Yeah, but testicle cancer is funnier than ED, dude.
  • Kichigai birthday!!
    Encyclopedia Dramatica can be funny in the rare articles that not read like "X is a nigger faggot AIDS aspergers who should an hero"
  • Woki mit deim Popo.
    I see the ex-tropers will find this amusing. I do wonder Some Guy and Anne Beech will say about this.
  • edited 2012-01-07 18:23:49
    Good people don't end up here.

...clever girl.

• No rainbow star
    Nyarly: I'm sure that the thread would get locked if it shows a risk of that
  • edited 2012-01-07 19:00:38
    ^^^ I'm a current troper and I find it hilariously accurate.

^^ It's true.
  • edited 2012-01-07 19:06:42

"Most tropers also appear to be unaware of the existence of what are called Discussion Pages."

Imagine how many problems could be solved if they actually were aware of them.

• Could be, if they knew how to use them too.
  • I clench my fists and yell "anime" towards an uncaring, absent God, and swear solemnly to press my thumbs into Chocolate America's eyeballs until he is blinded, to directly emasculate sporting figures, to beat the shit out of tumblr users with baseball bats, and to quietly appreciate what Waylon Smithers being gay means to me.
    Yeah, but testicle cancer is funnier than ED, dude.

C'mon, dude, don't be that needlessly insulting and demeaning towards testicle cancer.

Anno's liberal use of the Kabbalah in conjunction with neo-liberal desecrations of both Christ on the crucifix and His re-birth clearly demonstrates a non-standard triply inverted use of the trope, you uncultured swine. And then Rebuild did it EVEN MORE AWESOME LIKE FLCL AND TTGL MY FAVORITE ANIMES 
  • The funniest thing about ED is reading it with the strong suspicion that most of it is written by exactly the same people it typically insults - aspies, furries, basement dwellers with no social life etc. etc. I'm sure the TV Tropes page must have been heavily contributed to by tropers and ex-tropers, for instance.

I mean, who else would bother?  

• Who else would know all the right stuff to put in? The ED article for Tropes is pretty well-done.
  • Woki mit deim Popo.
    Well, ED also has an article on Chagen.  So I suppose it written by people that are in the know.
    ...Chagen himself?
  • One foot in front of the other, every day.
    Yes.
  • Woki mit deim Popo.
    Well, the way his article is written, it sounds like it was written by somebody who's fed up with him.
  • So it was Daionus, basically.
  • It was Suke Sho. Check the edit history.
    I am Jack's complete lack of surprise.
  • Kichigai birthday!!
    Apparently that article was created in my birthday
  • What a nice present.