If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Iowa Caucus thread

edited 2012-01-03 22:38:10 in Politics
I clench my fists and yell "anime" towards an uncaring, absent God, and swear solemnly to press my thumbs into Chocolate America's eyeballs until he is blinded, to directly emasculate sporting figures, to beat the shit out of tumblr users with baseball bats, and to quietly appreciate what Waylon Smithers being gay means to me.
Results as of now

Comments

• Has friends besides tanks now
    Could be worse; at least Gingrich and Bachmann aren't near the top.
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    ^My thoughts exactly.

In an election where Bachmann is considered a serious contender, I'll take what we can get.
  • MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    Bah, Iowa doesn't mean shit. It's way too fucking early to call anything.
  • I clench my fists and yell "anime" towards an uncaring, absent God, and swear solemnly to press my thumbs into Chocolate America's eyeballs until he is blinded, to directly emasculate sporting figures, to beat the shit out of tumblr users with baseball bats, and to quietly appreciate what Waylon Smithers being gay means to me.
    No but it's maddening to think that these three people are who the people of Iowa consider the best possible candidates for president
  • edited 2012-01-03 21:41:03
    Has friends besides tanks now
    Well, if they're against Bachmann, Gingrich, and Perry, and people are content with blaming Obama for everything (don't quote me on this; I just have a feeling that people like blaming the President for everything when there are problems, even if not every problem is his fault), then I think it's a good sign that those three (or two of them) are at the top.
  • edited 2012-01-03 23:07:23
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Perry is going back to Texas to re-assess "whether there is a path...for myself in this race".

[The Administrator] "First blood!  That was fast."
  • edited 2012-01-03 23:29:04
    May I advise you that Santorum is rabidly anti-gay?

Oh wait, I know what you mean.
  • Why am I obsessing over this but the current results are Santorum 29,935, Romney 29,916, 5 precincts left.
    The crazy thing is that Romney is the least bad of the bunch. He's a slimy opportunist, yeah, but he's nowhere near as insane, evil, or both as the other candidates have been.
    Is Huntsman the former China Ambassador? Maybe so but aside from not wanting to nuke China I'm not as sure of his positions/political history.
  • BeeBee
    edited 2012-01-04 01:04:02
    No but it's maddening to think that these three people are who the
    people of Iowa consider the best possible candidates for president

Frankly the fact that we're limited to these choices doesn't really bode well for much of anything, though it is at least heartening to see Bachmann and Perry near the bottom.
  • Champion of the Whales
    So what happens now?

Is the least surprising news of 2012 actually going to happen?
  • edited 2012-01-04 14:20:30
    You mean he got 30015 to Santorum's 30007?

Weaksauce suckery.

Also, that picture at the top of this thread reminds me of the Steam Holiday Sale series pictures on the Steam store's front page.
  • I clench my fists and yell "anime" towards an uncaring, absent God, and swear solemnly to press my thumbs into Chocolate America's eyeballs until he is blinded, to directly emasculate sporting figures, to beat the shit out of tumblr users with baseball bats, and to quietly appreciate what Waylon Smithers being gay means to me.
    I wouldn't worry about Santorum. He spent a gigantic amount of his time campaigning and speaking in Iowa
  • Champion of the Whales
    Michele Bachman calls it quits
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    That's two down, three if you count Cain.  That leaves Gingrich, Romney, Paul, and Santorum in the mix.

Paul is not going to drop out, period.  Gingrich and Romney are going to fight for the non-Tea supporters.

I think Santorum has just benefitted greatly.
    And Hunstman :|
  • Champion of the Whales
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/newsnight/9671217.stm

Santorum blames the NHS for the collapse of the British Empire >.<

Sigh..........
    Why Huntsman?  Gingrich and Romney haven't dropped out.
  • Has friends besides tanks now
    "Michele Bachman calls it quits"

Really? Oh, praise the lord.

Not that she really had a chance, of course.
    The unadulterated crazy coming from her in the general election would be hilarious, at least.
  • edited 2012-01-04 18:22:06
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    ^ ugh

Didn't that "Strong" ad or whatever the fuck kill any support he had left?
  • edited 2012-01-04 19:06:52
    MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    You're assuming America is made up only of reasonable and respectful people.
    No. While Newt and Bachmann have floundered and failed because of really stupid things they've said (Let's reinstitute child labor/Vaccines give kids autism) and Cain because of really stupid things he's done (Hello ladies), Perry has done it by being either drunk or high in New Hampshire, not being able to count to three, and saying that he wants to extend medical care to immigrants. Yeah the last one isn't bad necessarily, but it sure as hell alienates his base
    Methinks the tea-partiers, for all their clamoring about how the U.S. has lost its way, have lost their own way.
  • Champion of the Whales

What happened to that Mitt Rommey?
  • Amount spent per vote in Iowa (according to The Independent today):-

Romney - $113

Perry - $817

Santorum - $1.65

Whatever you think of him, Santorum certainly got most bang for his bucks.

Conservatives wasting campaign money?

So much for their fiscal discipline.
  • Good people don't end up here.
    Methinks the tea-partiers, for all their clamoring about how the U.S. has lost its way, have lost their own way.

Oh, the tea party has long since ceased to exist as a distinct entity, from a functional standpoint.