If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

The argument on the Legendary Beasts in GSC

2»

Comments

• Suicune = Suicune
    Raikou = Raikou
    Entei = Entei

Legendary beast Pokemon, right?
  • OMG HOW DID U NO?
  • Ahh I'm sorry, I didn't mean to come off as cocky or presumptuous or something. I was just saying the first thing that came to mind. n//////n;;
  • Nah, I was just being a dick. >.>

Anyway, my friend always said they were dogs, but that's silly because cats are better than dogs so they're obviously more like cats because everything should be cats.

Or something.
  • Cats better than dogs? What.

Though I too always assumed them to be cats, the same ones Waltzy pointed out.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    dogs > cats
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    dogs > cats

no go away
  • I used to be a cat person, but then I met Lisztening.

uwaaahh, confliction~
    cats are mean and aloof and unfriendly
  • ^ I read that as "a loofah" and promptly had a very unfortunate incident with my strawberry soda from the ensuing mental image, I hope you're pleased with yourself. XD
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    cats are mean and aloof and unfriendly

Only if you treat them badly.
    What's a ...oh, that.

ROFL
  • ^^ Or unless you're in the middle of something really important that requires the utmost focus.

THEN ALL OF A SUDDEN IT'S CUDDLE LOVE TIMES. XD
    Yes. They are fucking annoying adorable like that.
  • a little muffled
    I always knew them as the legendary dogs, but mostly because I heard other people calling them that before I'd actually seen them? (For a while I was convinced there was actually one Pokémon just called "The Legendary Dog"...)

Anyway, it's pretty obvious to me that they are rule of cool-based four-legged mammals and not meant to really be one particular species. There are other Pokémon that you could have arguments about whether they are more canine or feline too, but those ones aren't part of groups of such ambiguous characteristics.
  • But you never had any to begin with.
    Honestly, I'm surprised that there haven't been more arguments over the legendary musketeers.
  • edited 2011-12-22 08:14:29
    No rainbow star
    ^ Yeah. I was expecting those to be called the Legendary Beasts leading to a huge flare up involving the GSC beasts (because Pokemon fan communities can't have it simple and call one group the GSC Beasts and the other group the BW Beasts)

But then they were called The Legendary Musketeers and I was surprised
  • Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    ^They ARE based on the Musketeers to an extent.
  • No rainbow star
    ^ Nobody knew that when information was first being leaked :P
  • Nobody cares about the BW Beasts!

... except Terrakion, he's a bro.