If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Kim Jong-il is dead

edited 2011-12-18 21:36:46 in Politics
We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year
BBC News just broke the story. 

So, question: Who's next in line for leadership of North Korea? And will he be as crazy as his predecessor?

Comments

• What!?

These crazy dictators are dropping like flies. Who are we going to make fun of anymore?!
  • For North Korea's sake, I hope not. Though considering Chang Sung-taek, his uncle, is going to be the de facto leader for a while, I'm not too optimistic about the prospects.

In all honesty, here's someone I certainly feel no remorse for.

• As I've said in two other places so far: God bress his ronery seoul.
  • MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    It will be his son, which probably means the tyranny won't stop, but we can always hope.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Apparently his son, or the one named Jong-Un if he has more than one, is going to step in to take his place.

[Heavy] "not big surprise."
  • I'm going to miss his brand of crazy. 

As for the next in line questions, well, he has multiple sons. The current heir to the throne is the youngest. The oldest was disqualified by trying to sneak out to go to Tokyo Disneyland.
  • edited 2011-12-18 23:26:40
    Well shee-yit Mr Jenson.

His oldest son went to Disneyland and thus isn't next in line. Probably the next oldest. 
  • They're somethin' else.
    Goddamn, they really are James Bond villains ._.
  • I just find it amusing how they claim to be communists and then run their government on the hereditary principle. Even the Chinese aren't that hypocritical about it.

North Korea is a bit like Burma now or Latin America in the past; a lot of the awfulness comes through the local superpower propping up horrible regimes for its own strategic reasons. In this case, it's China.

• Kim Jong-Il was craaaaazy.
  • But you never had any to begin with.
    Who are we going to make fun of anymore?!
    Robert Mugabe?
  • As if our own countries didn't have enough mocking material already. But that's a topic for another day.
  • No rainbow star
    Ding dong the nut is dead!
    Which old nut?
    The Korean nut!
    Ding dong the Korean nut is dead!

...I wonder if the one who takes over will be less or more evil, and if they will be less or more insane?
  • "I've come to the conclusion that this is a VERY STUPID IDEA."
    To be honest, I'm not sure how to feel about this. 2011 has been a year of uprisings and protests and dictators being overthrown, and then at the end of the year one just drops off of natural causes. It's like some grand Cosmic Afterthought.
  • edited 2011-12-20 00:45:21
    This reminds me of the "Last Dictator Standing" commercial.

Edit: You have to include the "http://" when inserting a link, or else it doesn't work. ~GMH