If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Gamers.

124»

Comments

• You can change. You can.
    I'd argue that you should know Kierkegaard, if you ever had a philosophy class, but otherwise agreed. ebert is not a mainstay of pop culture or anything. He is the world's most famous film critic.

Of course, that's like saying "World's most famous ant"
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    I know Kierkegaard mostly from him being mentioned by various people and webpages online.
  • He was a mainstay of pop culture not that long ago, when his TV review show was huge and he had lots of guest appearances on various shows :(

They even parodied him on Animaniacs and Tiny Toons!
  • He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.
    I did see the animaniacs parody as a kid, but still, I was like five!
  • edited 2011-12-11 11:06:42
    Wut animaniacs is like a brand new recent phenomenon! Nobody was five when it came out! NOBODY EVER :p

Wait, I was only ten when it aired!? That feels like, a couple of years ago :(
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    It started a month before I was born.

I did watch the shit out of it, though.
    hott
    How old are you, Scythemantis? really.
  • MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    He was ten when Animaniacs was around which means he's probably older than me.
    I love sometimes that TV stations around here don't have many toons to show. They show reruns of 90's cartoons like there's no tomorrow, likewise they show a lot of reruns of the first two superman movies, I've seen them so much I can't remember how many times.
    heh, same here. In fact, I don't think saturday morning cartoons have changed much since when I was a kid. Hell, that Grimm Brothers anime still plays everytime at 8:00 AM. like clockwork.
    The weekdays afternoons tend to have old animes and thundercats in it. Like Saint Seiya and Dragon Ball/Dragon Ball Z. Mornings are like: Tiny Toons, Animaniacs, The Mask...Although they at least have Phineas and Ferb.
  • edited 2011-12-11 18:27:00
    I just turned 28.

That sounds bizarre to say. I still feel like "just a kid" and am shocked every time by the realization that people in their teens and 20's can be too young to have seen things that are still fresh in my memory :(

God, when I was a kid I thought 28 was like, old balding businessman age.

It will happen to all of you.
  • No rainbow star
    ^ I will find the fountain of youth and avoid becoming old and decrepit and I will laugh at all of you but Juan because somehow he will be an important link in finding the fountain :D
    the fountain is why i can say i'm 17.

i'm actually 907.
  • MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    I always knew you were a ponce.
  • No rainbow star
    So what will it take to convince you to tell me where the fountain is, Juan?
    kill yourself and i might consider telling your corpse.
  • No rainbow star
    D:< I need to be alive for it!
  • Okay, this went off-topic, but I'm just going to say this:

Penn State fans rioted in the streets and had to be dispersed by police after Paterno got fired for protecting one of his assistants who raped children.

Nothing of the like has happened with gamers.

Also, regarding art, I'm just going to note that a few centuries ago paintings weren't even widely considered art.
  • No rainbow star
    ^ ...What the hell WOULD be art then?
  • Say what you will about Gaming fans, but I personally set the bar for fandom dickishness at "Have they been known to riot/set large metropolitan areas on fire?"
  • No rainbow star
    Which reminds me, did they ever catch the guys who sparked the Vancouver riot?
    ^ ...What the hell WOULD be art then?

One of life's many mysteries...
  • edited 2011-12-12 17:59:45
    Has friends besides tanks now
    ^^^^ Sculptures, I guess.

And I totally agree on the whole rioting thing; some gamers can be pretty moronic, but rioting over the firing of an apathetic football coach (or flipping cars 'cause your favorite team won or lost) crosses into disgraceful and puts the worst sports fans well below the worst gamers.
  • When Paris burns due to the announcement of the cancellation of Cooking Mama: French Cuisine Edition, I will concede that gamers are the worst fans.
  • No rainbow star
    ^ Eh, I'd say it would take something like them burning down Paris because they mispelled a single word in a game
  • And yeah, it was usually sculptures.