If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

The idea that a bad X is not an X.

2»

Comments

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    He doesn't cite even one source. I've already cited a source proving him wrong.

So...he's an idiot.
  • edited 2011-12-07 01:34:48
    How can we transcend our romantic delusions

TRANSCEND THE STARS!

• You can change. You can.
    He's a philosopher, apparently.

Not like he's making much of a compelling argument, anyway.
  • One foot in front of the other, every day.
    Philosophy =/= psychology, dude should probably go get a Master's in both.
  • You can change. You can.
    I'm just going by his own credits at the bottom of the article.

also, dude should probably worry about learning to write something compelling first. i recommend going back to elementary, personally.

not to mention, when your argument is "Those French pimps totally wanted to play with us plebs! We should rise up and stop feeling love!" then...well, there are no words.
  • And here I was hoping for a misinterpretation of Foucault's History of Sexuality. Based on that, you could actually make an argument that the rhetoric of romance is or was used as a measure of societal control to ensure that children grow up in a stable home/enforce heteronormativity & nuclear families/etc., etc.

Instead I get this puke of HTML. I can agree with infatuation and love get muddled too easily. I can agree that there's a whole industry that thrives on the Hollywood rituals of romantic love. I can agree that relationships are often informed more by physical needs, desperation for someone, social prestige and a whole slew of other factors that have little to do with romance. But a hoax? That sort of only-sane-man solipsism clearly indicates the dude is in romantic love with himself.

• That sort of only-sane-man solipsism clearly indicates the dude is in romantic love with himself.

Hey, hey.  That might only be infatuation too.