If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

This kid's video

edited 2011-12-04 16:50:00 in General
Glaives are better.

This kid's grammar and spelling are atrocious. 

Comments

• if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur
    Man, I'm not the pinnacle of morality and virtue myself, but don't you think that nitpicking small grammar mistakes on a distressing video such as this is just kinda bastardry?
  • Glaives are better.
    Yeah. But if you have time to write a dozen notecards and plan this shit out, you should at least have the common courtesy to spellcheck.
  • Kichigai birthday!!
    Well,it's not like there aren't any very grave spelling mistakes,and the kid doesn't seem to be that old (8th grade is when you're 12 right?). You should cut him some slack. Even though he already cuts himself some OH SNAP
  • Glaives are better.
    He's fifteen. By that time, you should know the difference between "anywhere" and "any-were."
  • edited 2011-12-04 17:24:38
    Diet NEET
    >cut him some slack

Dohoho. Anyhow, I think by now some concerned netizen would have traced and notified his school/family, for an emo his music taste isn't that terrible and the scars aren't visible enough anyway to be interesting. Can we move on to other depressed teenager vids where the subjects are more deserving of mockery and scorn?
  • Has friends besides tanks now
    Of all the videos to nitpick . . .
  • Glaives are better.
    I watched his other videos. He's all happy and shit. Also, he seems like a fucking douchebag.

Save your sympathy for people who need it.

• Glaives are better.
    UPDATE:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zt5gvl5s2q4

HATE

LET ME TELL YOU SOMETHING ABOUT HATE
  • This is why formal education in terms of language can be a problem. It gives people the sense that words and language have power over them. They think that if they (or someone else) misuses language in some way that they must have something wrong with them. That words are some how sacred.

They aren't. We shouldn't let language control us, WE should control IT! Several words that sound the same and are spelled different are stupid, being afraid of words like cunt and fuck is stupid.

Language is supposed to be a tool to help us communicate, not a creed that we devote our lives to. It's especially not supposed to be something that sweaty little nerds on the internet who, judging by their need to ENFORCE ZE SPELLING RULES, have nothing good going in their lives and just need something to make them feel important.
  • One foot in front of the other, every day.
    Ironically, the above post holds a high standard of spelling and is neatly paragraphed.

I just thought that was amusing
  • Glaives are better.
    Interesting. I vonder iff your strong feelings shall persist after you are subject to... re-education.
  • edited 2011-12-05 05:50:03
    Kichigai birthday!!
    >iff
    >iff
    >iff
    >iff
    >iff
    Oh wait, I guess it was intentional
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
  • ^Oh lol, so many creeps flocking to her defense purely because they think she looks cute instead of the fact she's a bullied kid.

Anyhow, these are incredibly low-hanging fruits(geddit, since many are bullied because of their sexuality?): you can rage all the time at their solipsistic moping, scar show-offs and nauseating voices, but what is the net gain? There will always be more were they came from, and what this thread so far has shown is zil, nothing, nada. There are harpies out there with shitty webcams, ear-bleeding voices, grating tics, obnoxious copypasted opinions and troll-proof overinflated egos. Spoiled tykes who feel the need to share their political opinions with the rest of the world, getting off on the attention that their logical fallacies net them. Show me something that is worthy of my spite, it can't be that hard.

• edited 2011-12-05 09:56:04
    Has friends besides tanks now
    "I watched his other videos. He's all happy and shit. Also, he seems like a fucking douchebag.

Save your sympathy for people who need it."

Ah. It's missing the point to the point of being gauche, whether or not the video is genuine, though.

Have you seen Ian ranting about "pregnate"? Sure, this video is quickly gaining views, but it's certainly not the worst thing, as far as grammatical correctness goes.
  • They're somethin' else.
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    Oh lol, so many creeps flocking to her defense purely because they think she looks cute instead of the fact she's a bullied kid.

No. Goddamn.

Look at when the video was uploaded.

The video this thread is talking about is making fun of the one I posted. Note the lack of scars on his arms when he shows us,

And the point of uploading the video, as far as I can see, is it's a rather effective way to talk about bullying.
  • Glaives are better.
    Ah yes, the "I was trying to provoke dialog" excuse, the savior of any liar who gets caught. What dialog is there to have? Everyone agrees that bullying is wrong. Everyone agrees that the victims deserve sympathy. We've all been there, which is why this video was so effective. 

Fact is, this kid lied. He took advantage of the sympathy of over a million strangers, then laughed in your faces.
  • I can't think of many less effective ways to deal with being bullied than posting a video about it on YouTube.

Come to think of it, I can't think of many less effective ways to deal with any personal problem. I'm reminded of a 4-chan slogan I once saw which ran something like "/b/. We could help. But we probably won't." 4-chan is a notably harsh place, but  the internet in general can be a bit like that.

And it's also full of kids telling lies for sympathy or kicks. I can't approve of any of it, but there are lots of others who've done worse than this kid.

• I'm reminded of a 4-chan slogan I once saw which ran something like "/b/. We could help. But we probably won't."

• Kichigai birthday!!

;_;
  • Glaives are better.
    Fucking Gamestop. There should be a law about those bastards.

Keep strong. You're so much braver than they are. We love you! :)
    Ah yes, the "I was trying to provoke dialog" excuse, the savior of any liar who gets caught. What dialog is there to have? Everyone agrees that bullying is wrong. Everyone agrees that the victims deserve sympathy. We've all been there, which is why this video was so effective. 

I would point out how many people in their early teens frequent YouTube, people who aren't as aware of the harm bullying can cause people as they haven't developed this awareness yet.

I would point out how actually seeing results can affect how people view it. Seeing the scars of someone who has cut themselves due to bullying is very different to hearing stories about how people cut themselves due to bullying, as you're actually seeing the results, you're not trying to imagine something you haven't seen.

I would point out how media can be an effective medium for carrying points like this- the combination of audio (music), visualization, and body language of the person conveying the message can really help to get the point across.

I would point out how seeing well-wishing messages and getting the impression that people care about your well-being can be really good for a person's state of mind.

But what would be the point, if you've already made up your mind on the subject?
  • Stormtroper - Thanks. Depressingly, that slogan is actually meaner than I remember it.

Cygan - I agree that YouTube is probably a good place for organised campaigning on this sort of issue, for all the reasons you mention (e.g. the recent adverts where adult gay people encouraged gay teenagers to hang on in there). However, if you go looking for sympathy as an individual you could easily get as much mockery as anything else.

I'm not saying I think that's right, just that it's quite likely.

I agree that YouTube is probably a good place for organised campaigning on this sort of issue, for all the reasons you mention

I mentioned no reasons, it would be pointless~