If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Herman Cain closes presidential bid with Pokemon

edited 2011-12-04 01:43:20 in Politics
smote
I'm baffled, but I'll take it.

Comments

• I would have completely lost my shit if he quoted My Little Pony or something.

As it stands, yeah that's weird, but he was a weird dude. I guess part of me has cause to be concerned that the Republicans won't be running with one of their weaker candidates, but I'm glad he's that much farther from the presidency.
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    I used to wonder what democracy could be, until you all shared it's power with me?
  • You can change. You can.
    I'm laughing maniacally right now.
  • This is the best thing ever guys. The best thing evar, I don't think we'll ever see a candidate like that again, though. :<
    I think that's a good thing.
  • edited 2011-12-04 09:11:37
    But who will entertain me Juan?

oh

ohhhhhhhh

I have an idea Juan

a MARVELOUS idea

Juan for President: 2016

helltothefuckyeah

your pal solstace can be vice pres
    Fuck no.

worst idea. nononononono

no

also, Solstace and me would end up bickering about everything.
  • It was already know that he used the lines from said song without remembering the actual source of them, but he has it pointed out to him and now actually acknowledges instead of conveniently forgetting about it? Kudos to him.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Wait, what the fuck just happened?
  • Well, now. That wouldn't be too out-of-place in a valedictorian speech, but, well, the things the subconscious can retrieve sometimes. Though in all honestly, it's a pretty common message. I concur with InsanityAddict that he deserves credit for acknowledging the source. Coming from another guy, that would at least show signs of being in touch with the youth vote.

• No rainbow star
    :< I was hoping for something like, "I wanted to be the very best. Like no one ever was. To catch all votes was my real test. To be elected was my cause"

This is still amusing though :D
    See, I really like "The Power of One".

I find it kinda charming that he actually quoted that song.

I'm not sure how okay I am with this.  I'm neither disgusted nor excited by this turn of events.
  • edited 2011-12-04 17:27:01
    Neither am I. Like I said, it would be a nice gesture of being in touch with the youth voter-base if he actually was.
    It's hilarious. All there is to it is that.
  • Has friends besides tanks now
    I remember that song. But I'm gonna go back to my Coheed and Cambria now.

Uh . . . not sure if power to him.
  • Everest, I support your listening of Coheed and Cambria.
  • That movie gave us this:

So I can't really say much against it  :|
  • What exactly did he quote? I can't read the link from my current location.
  • ""I believe these words came from the Pokémon movie," Cain said during the speech in his homestate of Georgia. "Life can be a challenge. Life can seem impossible. It's never easy when there's so much on the line. But you and I can make a difference. There's a mission just for you and me....Just look inside and you will find just what you can do.""
  • edited 2011-12-05 14:04:17
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    [verse1]
    Life can be a challenge
    Life can seem impossible
    It's never easy when so much is on the line

But you can make a difference
    With courage you can set things right
    The gift to dream and make dreams real is yours, and mine

[refrain]
    The power of one
    begins with believing
    It starts in the heart
    and flows through the soul
    and changes the world

Imagine how life could be
    if we stand in unity
    each of us holds the key
    to the power of one.

[verse 2]
    Each of us is chosen
    There's a mission just for you
    Just look inside you'd be surprised what you can do

[refrain]

----

And yes, the Pokémon series has really awesome music.  That's one of the best parts of the series, even though it doesn't get as much mention as the plot and accompanying games.
  • Okay, I certainly still feel like Herman Cain is a terrible person with terrible ideas, but the fact that I'm living in an era where Republican presidential candidates are quoting Pokemon is pretty incredible.

In ten years, the squabbling in Congress will be about whether to affirm K-On or Lucky Star as Our Nation's Official Moe Anime.
  • edited 2011-12-05 14:08:29
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    ^ LO--...wait, that would be kinda disturbing.

That said, here are some things I might want to ask politicians if I ever attend their town halls or other campaign events:

1. Do you think there is too much female-female pairing in the Nanoha series?
    2. Are indie games needlessly undercutting the profits of top-flight companies, or are they injecting much-needed creativity into the industry?
    3. Is there too much moë in the animé industry these days?
    4. How much wood can a woodchuck chuck if you're playing extinctionist and have a few wands of wishing handy?
    5. Which fandom is least irritating, between Touhou, Team Fortress 2, and My Little Pony?
    6. What ideas would you propose to defend Earth against asteroid strikes?
    7. What about defending against dumpster witches?
    8. Was the rename of the article previously known as "nakama" on TV Tropes merited?
    9. If three people board a bus, one gets off, half a person gets on, and then two people get off, how many people were there in total?
  • Truly the questions that matter most to the next generation of political thinkers. ;)
  • edited 2011-12-05 14:47:25
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    1. >implying that there is such a thing
    2.The second one, mostly.
    3. Nah. It's overblown.
    4. Seven.
    5. TF2.
    6. Bruce Willis.
    7. Sentient garbage trucks.
    8. Yes.
    9. Three and a half. Though I do not approve of such conduct on public transportation.

FORZARE FOR PRESIDENT 2012

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t270/aerith105/anime guys/maebara_keiichi.png" alt="maebara_keiichi.png" class="bbcode_img" />
    Hi, I'm Forzare, and I approve this message.
  • ^ thank you, I needed that lol today.
    I'd vote for forzare, but juan is by far a better candidate
  • Probably one of Cain's grandkids was watching it and he thoght he could use it.

As for glenmagusharvey's questions:

1. Do you think there is too much female-female pairing in the Nanoha series?
    That's for you to decide.  If you think there's too much, I recommend you choose something else.

2. Are indie games needlessly undercutting the profits of top-flight companies, or are they injecting much-needed creativity into the industry?
    No and Yes.

3. Is there too much moë in the animé industry these days?
    Again, that should be left to the individual consumer to decide.

4. How much wood can a woodchuck chuck if you're playing extinctionist and have a few wands of wishing handy?
    Well, that's a rather hypothetical question, but if woodchucks were extinct, they probably wouldn't be chucking much wood, would they?

5. Which fandom is least irritating, between Touhou, Team Fortress 2, and My Little Pony?
    Again, each customer should decide for themselves.  For me personally, I tend to hear less from Team Fortress fans than the others, so I'd have to go with that.

6. What ideas would you propose to defend Earth against asteroid strikes?
    * The first and most important part of the process, is to find the asteroid so that when we go to stop it, we stop the one that's actually going to hit us.
    * Next, if we find it, we should turn it into an artificially intelligent spaceship.
    * Then we'll need a space program so we can send William Shatner up there to convince it to get out of the way.

7. What about defending against dumpster witches?
    I really don't think that dumpster witches are a high priority right now.

8. Was the rename of the article previously known as "nakama" on TV Tropes merited?
    Yes.  And if other websites want to change their "True Companions" page to "Nakama" that would also be justified.

9. If three people board a bus, one gets off, half a person gets on, and then two people get off, how many people were there in total?
    There's no way to tell, because (amung other problems) you didn't tell me how many were on the bus to begin with.

I should probably change 2 since there's too much agreement on that.

Alternatively, I should leave 2 there so that real politicians can trip over it.
  • edited 2011-12-05 17:24:34

Correct answer to 2: No.

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    >Correct answer to 2: Yes.

Fixed that for you.