If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Accidentally stumbling upon a permabanned member's posts

Comments

• One foot in front of the other, every day.
    Dantes is skilled at the pretense of intelligence, but lacks the requisite humility to exceed intellectually. In comparison, everyone here has far greater potential (or current execution of intelligence) than he does.
  • Talking about people behind their back with malicious  is uncharacteristic of this place

Really? Because it seems to me that if it had to be explicitly made into a rule, it's certainly not because people didn't indulge in it.

Not that I mind, anyway.
    One thing I notice is that we don't do it, even in privacy. For instance, if I'm in Mumu with my longhair brosquad that is Juan and Malk, we don't discuss other members in a purely negative context, and never discuss other members at length. Yet we happily bitch about anything and everything else ever (drop in to Mumu sometime when we're on, it's pretty much a talkshow aimed at middle-aged women, but instead it's three young men).

Likewise with everyone else I've Mumu'd with.

The opportunities have been there and I've yet to see them in any great number.
  • Well, I don't really know what Mumu is, but I was talking about this place, in which there's a rule about importing drama that came to be because people wouldn't shut up about X person in TV Tropes/Something Awful/Random Forum Chagen visited.
  • edited 2011-11-29 06:03:45
    One foot in front of the other, every day.
    Mumu is a chat client/music uploader. We have a couple of rooms dedicated to IJBM, wherein only IJBM members enter.

Also, childish slang for vagina in Germany.
  • Likes cheesecake unironically.
    In comparison, everyone
    here has far greater potential (or current execution of intelligence)
    than he does.

I find that very hard to believe.
    Well. That's just like, your opinion, man.

I find that arrogance and narrow-mindedness are the worst attributes to have for anyone striving for greater understanding of anything. Dantes has too much of both. Most posters here are comparatively open-minded and humble, which provides room for much greater personal development given some critical thinking.

I'm not sure how old Dantes is. Early 20s, I think? That's far too young to begin arriving at conclusions the way he does. He's defined his own limitations with those conclusions. Unless he gets rid of his attitude, he'll progress slowly or never at all.

Intelligence goes far beyond the bounds of knowledge or education, and is nebulous. Being stuck in one's ways and making narrow considerations, however eloquent expression might be, I find to be the strongest arguments against intelligence apart from blatant idiocy. I don't see a whole lot of idiocy here. Drama and silliness, yes, but not anything that would indicate that the membership are incapable of critical thinking or advanced considerations and learning.

One cannot just be intelligent. It requires upkeep, progress and application. And that's essentially what I see here -- we might be a bunch of silly drama hounds, but we have our passions and we apply them with an attitude that values the acquisition of knowledge and experience with requisite self-analysis.
  • edited 2011-11-29 09:54:27
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    I know that I haven't personally gotten sick of Dantes yet, but that's probably in part because I have a tendency to enjoy arguing, one that is sometimes exhibited in gigantposts.

So if he's arguing because he wants to argue, then cool.  But if he's arguing because he actually thinks he's right about stuff and everyone else is wrong and he's the best arbiter of good taste in western animation, east Asian animation, shmups, JRPGs, and the like, then I facepalm.
  • edited 2011-11-29 10:28:34
    You can change. You can.
    About Mumu: I really wish that was true, and although it could have been far worse than it is, there is sometimes bitching about the forums and backdoor talking about posters (Even by me.)

About talking behind Dantes's back: This is still a public forum and he's still a member. If he thinks we're wrong, he can come here and talk. That's all I can really say.

Not to mention that, well, let's face it, is it any better than what we do most of the time? Bitching about other forums? And it's not like TvT's hardly the only forum we've done this with, even though it's the most prominent. 

Or is it really better than talking about other people's backs in PMs, where Dantes has no chance of defending himself?

Just...putting that out there.

ETA: As for arguing: I don't mind discussing things. What I do mind is the lack of civility displayed. And I'm not just talking about personal attacks, but the sneaky stuff, like making blanket statements in order to attack someone who you disagree with.
  • Kichigai birthday!!
    You all forgot the worst thing about Dantes,which is that he enjoyed watching Lucky Star
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    probablynotserious.jpg
  • Sometimes this sort of backtalk feels like baiting: the bro will come out of lurkitude to defend himself, with a high chance of making drama and thus being banhammered.

• edited 2011-11-29 16:20:30
    Loser
    glennmagusharvey,
    IJBM: the song "Dueling Banjos" involves using pointedly-mooded banjo playing to insult fellow banjo players, rather than actual Devil-Went-Down-To-Georgia-style dueling of musical virtuosity.

Noimporta,
    Well, I don't really know what Mumu is, but I was talking about this place, in which there's a rule about importing drama that came to be because people wouldn't shut up about X person in TV Tropes/Something Awful/Random Forum Chagen visited.

Aye, I think there were some problems earlier about people complaining about specific tropers here at least. I mostly disliked that kind of thing because it tended to be pretty rude and made IJBM II seem like some kind of "treehouse" or club.

As for talking about people negatively behind their backs, I agree that people should be told why certain users were banned. Still, I feel bad about going on and on about someone's negative traits when I know that I have many negative traits of my own. I guess it is the implicit idea that the people remaining on IJBM II or some other site are better than those who were banned that bugs me. I might be looking at things a bit too idealistically though considering some of the rather objectionable things certain banned users have done.

Even so, I cannot see much good that can result from complaining about people who have already been banned.

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    I'm really not fond of all this talking about Dantes, not because I don't completely and utterly agree with points made by Alex, but because I feel mentioning him enough will summon him to be obnoxious again as though he were Mr. Mytzlyplyx or something and then the justice league of Juan, Alex, and myself will have to trick into saying something to get him banned again to banish him into his nether dimension.

I guess my point is that I'm basically Superman.
  • He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.
    I disagree not with the talk of others but with considering people as annoying pests worth derision, bothersome, sure, infuriating, some times but saying someone doesn't deserve sympathy for being a blockhead? That's like three quarters of the world at one time or another. 
    Considering the context I think it's valid. What we lack sympathy for isn't anything involving actual harm. It's being mocked with macros and getting banned, and it's hard to argue he didn't fully deserve what came to him here.
  • He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.
    Is pride impossible to hurt?
  • You can change. You can.
    I ctually sorta feel bad for dantes after listening to that call he sent to cygan ages ago when he was off his meds.

But i can't honestly have much respect fort someone who engages in that level of self harm in order to try and gain sympathy from others.

Also, a blockhead at one time or another barely describes dantes.

Oh, and i'm batman and alex is wonder woman
    I imagine there are circumstances in his real life if I knew about them more fully that I'd sympatize with, but as for him getting his feelings hurt over people not liking the same cartoons as him? Yeah, no sell.
    ^^ Fffff, I knew you'd get to be Batman! T_T
  • I ctually sorta feel bad for dantes after listening to that call he sent to cygan ages ago when he was off his meds.
    Would I be over-stepping my bounds to ask for details?

/turns into a cat
  • edited 2011-11-30 05:25:44
    You can change. You can.
    @legionnaire: it's probably on #yackfest's logs somewhere.

Bugger nitya about it. :D
    Juan.

Are you playing with us.

Or is Vanilla.
    My phone, actually.
  • I don't like going on Yackfest =/
    You can pm him via tvt (nitya's tzetze)

But the point is that it's not private, as it is stored in a public chatroom log somewhere.

There, you now have the courage to ask cygan herself, cowardly lion.
  • I'd rather not ask Cygan.
    Blah, cowardly lion doesn't even deserve the courage.

Anyway, it was just dantes hilariously misaimed ttempt to appeal his ban to cygan via sympathy or something.
  • Wasn't Dante's addicted to painkillers?
    Anti depressants, i think.

I don't think it was an addiction, though.