If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Stop watching moe, IJBM

edited 2011-11-16 19:38:06 in Wonderful posts
You can change. You can.

Or the girl gets it

Comments

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    ...Nah.

(that made me laugh way too hard)

(I am a bad person)
  • ...where do I sign up?
  • You can change. You can.
    Watch all of the moe anime and she dies.

Simple.
  • edited 2011-11-16 19:35:15

All of it? Damn.

Guess I'd better get started.

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    I've already sent a crack team of magical girls and cutesy tank pilots.

Yui is as good as safe.
  • >implying moe is something that can be watched
  • edited 2011-11-16 19:37:14
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    ^^ This is something I would pay to watch.

^SEMANTICS
  • edited 2011-11-16 19:38:43

^^^Well I brought my DINOSAUR! Who eats cutesy magical girls!

Wait, that's what the good guy does. Excuse me, I have to get my attack dog.

• edited 2011-11-16 19:39:59
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    >Toy Story reference

Forzare approves (+15)

• ^SEMANTICS

Not really.  Moe is a reaction to something in animu/manga/games/whatever.  It makes about as much sense as saying "stop watching Fridge Logic". (to use trope titles, because I couldn't think of a better example off the top of my head... >.>)

Eh, I just didn't want to say "moe shows" or "moe shit" cuz I'm lazy.

And really, does it matter?
  • edited 2011-11-16 19:41:23
    ^^ But when someone talks about watching moe (or moe anime, or whatever), you know pretty much exactly what kind of thing they're talking about.
    >Rescue
    >Return permanent you control to its owner's hands

>Implying you control Yui
  • you know pretty much exactly what kind of thing they're talking about.

Not really, no.  People use it to refer to basically anything that was made after 2000-ish and contains female characters.

Even Gurren Lagann? :O
  • edited 2011-11-16 19:53:10
    MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    ^^Someone's forgotten Nia.

In any case, let's be all nerdy as I try to quantify this.

Moe's been something of a point of contention on this board for a bit of time. Some people's definitions of what comprises moe has been perplexing to me, such as Alex who thinks Haruhi isn't moe but Samus in Metroid: Other M is.

To me, moe is about a reaction of affection. Not always sexual, but it can be and often is. Anything or any character meant to provoke that reaction counts as moe and any series where that's a prominent part of it counts as a 'moe show' or more jokingly 'moeshit' to me. It's not like American shows don't use moe. We just lack the term. Look at Willow from Buffy or Chloe from Smallville and tell me they're not supposed to cause the same reaction Mio is.

/pointless weeaboo wank 
  • edited 2011-11-16 19:49:21
    Has friends besides tanks now
    The person who made that image is a rotten bastard and they ought to be ashamed. >:[

It's okay; everything's moe anyway. Even the kidnapper; he wouldn't hurt a fly. Unless he's tsundere, in which case . . . fuck. 

/defending mah waifu

But please tell me there's not gonna be another moe debate.
    Well, I was thinking more about describing the show as moe rather than just a character, but whatever, we're arguing about moe, guys, so instead, have a Dancing Fry.

• edited 2011-11-16 19:50:44
    Moe debates are fun.  Plus this was in the Wonderful Posts category anyway so... >.>
  • edited 2011-11-16 19:50:07
    ^^^Nah. I'd rather settle things through make-believe violence.
    Moe debates are fun

DYRE, you're like that brother who watches animu all the time and everything, but...

are you kidding me 

really
  • JHMJHM
    Here, There, Everywhere
    Moe anime can die a protracted death. But not literally, seeing as it's a genre rather than a living person. The death would have to be figurative.

So, yeah, it can go die a protracted death, figuratively.

The girl, too. It'll keep my day's overall Grittiness Quotient high, just the way I like it.
  • edited 2011-11-16 19:55:14
    MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    I don't mind moe debates, honestly. They're needlessly wanky but they're civil. We could use more of those.

Honestly I think more anime fans are flocking to moe, because they're at the age where they're realizing the vast majority of shonen is shit. =P
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    Needlessly wanky >>>>> retarded drama.
    A debate's civility depends on the people, not on the subject.

Except for genderwank

they can go die in a fire
  • edited 2011-11-16 19:55:51
    ^^^So what age do people grow out of Moe then?
  • seeing as it's a genre

Nope.

Anyway, really, I'm serious about liking moe debates.  At the very least, they're a lot more productive than a lot of the other things people talk about here.  At least moe has some degree of (pop-)cultural significance and shit, unlike threads about how a particular site admin is somewhat inadequate.

• edited 2011-11-16 20:00:11
    >People use it to refer to basically anything that was made after 2000-ish and contains female characters.

>"HIPSTER" JUST MEANS "PERSON WHO WEARS CLOTHES" LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL...

Ugh, that made me sick to type. But anyway, moe isn't "has female characters" it's "has female characters that you're specifically meant to fawn over in a protective way". Cowboy Bebop has Faye Valentine, but you're not meant to fawn over her in a protective way. When people refer to "moe", even if they're ignorant on the subject, that's the idea they're referring to, which should be pretty obvious given the whole waifu deal.