If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

J Scott Campbell

AHRAHR
edited 2011-11-14 22:33:42 in Meatspace
HOW DARE YOU DRAW SEXY WOMEN AND GET PAID FOR IT.

I do not know why this man causes so much rage within me, but he does. I think it's because he's also drawn for spiderman at some point. 

Comments

• No rainbow star
    He has a dream job

After all, he has to also look up references, does he not?
  • AHRAHR
    edited 2011-11-14 22:38:07
    BAH, I SAY. BAH.
  • No rainbow star
    No you silly! Baaa is what sheep say! :3
  • You can change. You can.
    He worked with Loeb, though

So now you have all the reasons in the world to not give a fuck.
  • MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    >Loeb is mentioned

http://i.imgur.com/HH1CR.gif">
  • Joseph "Jeph" Loeb III is an American film and television writerproducer and award-winning comic book writer. Loeb was a producer/writer on the TV series Smallville and Lost, writer for the films Commando and Teen Wolf and was a writer and Co-Executive Producer on the NBC TV show Heroes from its premiere in 2006 to November 2008.[1]

In 2010, Loeb became Head of Television for Marvel in charge of drama, comedy and animation.[2]

A four-time Eisner Award winner and five-time Wizard Fan Awards winner, Loeb's comic book work, which has appeared on the New York Times Bestseller List, includes work on many major characters, including Spider-ManBatmanSupermanHulkCaptain AmericaCableIron ManDaredevilSupergirl, theAvengers, and Buffy the Vampire Slayer, much of which he has produced in collaboration with artist Tim Sale.

._.

NOOOOOOOOOOO. SO CONFLICTED.

Like Heroes shouldn't have automatically made you hate him.
  • I liked Heroes Season 1.
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    Yeah, season 1 was good.

The rest, not so much.
  • It wasn't BAD...just...not good.
  • edited 2011-11-14 22:56:53
    MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    Season 1 had some good hooks but was pretty bad at execution and resolution.

After that it was just 'Imma make shit up as I go'.
  • edited 2011-11-14 22:56:56
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    ^^ Yeah, pretty much my thoughts.

Not good, but also not bad enough to make me stop watching right away, and to keep hoping that it would get good again.
  • Of course, he was a producer, not a writer. CONFLICTED FEELINGS.
    AHR.

Go read Ultimatum.

Your feelings will not be conflicted anymore.

And if they still are, I don't want to talk to you anymore.
  • AHRAHR
    edited 2011-11-14 23:04:59
    You realize I don't trust your opinions at all, yes?

Wait...

That's the one that...
  • AHRAHR
    edited 2011-11-14 23:06:08
    CONFLICTEDFEELINGSGONECONFLICTEDFEELINGSGONE

I AM COMING FOR YOU, YOU SON OF A BITCH!
  • edited 2011-11-14 23:05:54
    MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    Yes.

Under normal circumstances I wouldn't actually tell you that you'd have an opinion on something.

Knowing that, I'm still completely certain we would see eye-to-eye on Ultimatum.

Edit: I take it you've looked up Ultimatum?
  • AHRAHR
    edited 2011-11-14 23:08:09
    I saw Linkara's review of it AGES ago...

I thought the name sounded familiar on wikipedia, and once I saw that it mentioned a death count, I put two and two together...
    Yeah, Ultimatum's pretty famous for being one of the worst comics in recent memory.

And honestly, it's pretty disappointing Linkara would go after such an easy target, especially since it's been so thoroughly mocked by much funnier people.
  • I um...don't watch Linkara for his humor. I watch it for the actual analysis and review >>
  • edited 2011-11-14 23:11:38
    Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    ^^Didn't he review Ultimatum because a shitload of people requested him to do it?
  • edited 2011-11-14 23:12:40
    You can change. You can.
    Honestly, Ultimatum's like Loeb's All Star Batman, really.

Not his first bad book, but the one that made people realize that he may not be as good as they thought he was. 

In hindsight, his only good book was probably The Long Halloween. And I think that one was too busy referencing TDKR for me to actually think it was good.

but it inspired The Dark Knight. So it goes to show that sometimes shit can turn into fertilizer.

ETA: Yeah, Linkara was against reviewing Ultimatum until peer pressure got to him.
    >analysis and review 
    >Linkara

• AHRAHR
    edited 2011-11-14 23:14:11
    See, this is why I don't take your opinions seriously. You are far too judgmental.
    Hey, if you think screaming like a manchild about continuity and plotholes is analysis more power to you.
  • I never said that everything he said was analysis, but he does indeed delve into why the comic works or why it doesn't (the review part) and does indeed address certain elements (the analysis part). Yes, he does do humor, he does to reactions, but that's not the main reason I watch.
    He comments on the art or the plot, but he never actually looks at the construction of the comic or the progression and half his complaints generally tie into continuity or him not liking a character's portrayal. A lot of comments also betray a misunderstanding of how the industry works. It was pretty shocking seeing Spoony's review of Warrior #1 which was pretty much what Linkara should be. He actually pointed out issues in the comics sequential logic and visual layout. 

Linkara just points out the obvious flaws in plot and bad art. Anybody with a camera could do that shit.
  • AHRAHR
    edited 2011-11-14 23:23:33
    It varies from comic book to comic book. Some are indeed mostly just pointing at the bad comic, but others are different. He addresses the aspect of killing off characters in the Ultimatum reviews, for example, and why it's not as simple as kill character, get gratification.

My personal favorite review, Athena #1, addresses a lot about how female characters are portrayed, and why the comic doesn't work as a whole.
  • You can change. You can.
    My problem with Linkara is simply the fact that he frames his reviews around a comic book like plot in a failed attempt at post modernist comment that barely if ever is relevant.