If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

General World of Darkness thread

13»

Comments

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    It might just be that I'm used to D&D, whose core rules let characters blow up planets just fine.
  • edited 2011-11-07 22:34:51
    MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    I'd actually say Resilience is probably the best as it gives you extra health levels. It might not be worth that much at levels four and five, but that's true of all of them. Personally I think the worst in Requiem is Celerity what with constant needing to turn it on.

The point is less that it nullifies a discipline and more that you can reasonably one-hit kill almost any other PC with it.
  • edited 2011-11-07 22:38:13
    Has friends besides tanks now
    Isn't there a problem when those levels go away, though?

And I like Celerity because it helps to keep a distance if you wish, and you can feed on the guys you just stomped with your superspeed anyway; if you can afford the lack of discretion inherent in Celerity's zipping around, you can probably afford to drain some chumps. Wait, you can feed on someone who's "dying", right?

"The point is less that it nullifies a discipline and more that you can reasonably one-hit kill almost any other PC with it."

Okay. Fair enough.
  • edited 2011-11-07 22:38:51
    MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    Oh, celerity can be useful but in a straight-up fight to take someone else down it's not quite so great, especially since your two options then are guns or throwing knives, which aren't useful against a lot of things.

And yeah the health levels going away is a problem but at one vitae per scene, you can afford to keep it up before draining someone of blood to heal.
  • edited 2011-11-07 22:42:07
    "Oh, celerity can be useful but in a straight-up fight it's not quite so great."

Really? It struck me as being fairly optimized for a straight fight. Not that a straight fight should be a regular occurrence in this style of game, per se. I suppose the weapons issue is kinda big, but I feel like it could be fairly well-employed in melee with enough dots.
  • edited 2011-11-12 15:45:18
    I wonder if I'll be able to recruit for a game at Something Awful if I don't actually volunteer to ST.