If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

I seriously want to buy Call of Duty: MW3...

edited 2011-11-05 09:50:40 in Webspace
[tɕagɛn]
....just to piss off all of the nerds on the interner who act like the existence of COD is a grievance against God and humanity. Seriously, some of these people act like COD raped their mother to death.

Comments

• ...and not because you think the game might be fun?
  • $80+ per session
    You would spend 60 dollars on a game just to piss off random people you will never know?
  • Well, that, and I want to play it.

But partially so I can cause RAEG to neckbeards.
  • $80+ per session
    I don't think they would be anymore upset than they already are
  • We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year
    I think you're severely overestimating the amount of effort it takes to hate on a video game.
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    People are going to buy it, either way. One more or less isn't going to bother those that are deadset on hating everything about it.
  • edited 2011-11-05 10:23:01
    Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    The real reason why people hate COD is because its success spawned a glut of imitators that are flooding the market. That and the terrible online community.
  • I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.
    I just find the 'realistic' weapons/soldiering stuff quite boring myself, the redeeming feature for me was the levelling up online and picking perks.
  • Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    It's funny because Call of Duty isn't anymore realistic than your average action movie. If you want realism, go play ARMA or something.
  • $80+ per session
    It's realistic enough to bore me.
    ^^
    Yeah hence the quote marks round realistic, however it is as Vivi says realistic enough to bore me.

The guns all shoot normal bullets, nothing super fancy just more powerful or slower reload etc.
  • IJBM: "Realism = Bad"
  • edited 2011-11-05 11:50:24
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Personally, I can't stand games that don't have fun single-player, and from what I've heard, this series is rather lacking in that department.

^It's not even real realism, though. It's a standard "superhero with a gun" FPS, but brown.
  • They're somethin' else.
    I just think MW is boooooooring.
    @Chagen

In my opinion regarding video games?
    Most of the time.

I personally prefer unrealistic elements in my games.

• "I just think MW is boooooooring."

You have never played MW2, that's for sure.

No one can call that game boring.
  • $80+ per session
    Oh, because nothing is suggestive ever.

No, I've found every COD game boring.
  • >Guns
    >Shit blowing up
    >Not exciting

One of these things is not like the others.

Also, I play them partially for the plot (It's better than you'd think) anyway
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Every FPS ever made has guns and explosions.

This particular series is like that, but brown.
  • $80+ per session
    What INUH said. Every First Person Shooter has plenty of guns and shit blowing up. I can find that in any of them. Halo, Battlefield, TF2, etc.

I just dislike that brown, gritty realism you get with COD.
  • I personally find gritty realism (in asthetics, not tone) far better than haughty, pompous shit like High Fantasy.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    What about gritty high fantasy?
  • I just don't like High Fantasy as much.

Give me something like....Cyber-Fantasy Punk, and now we're talking.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Yeah, I'm also generally more interested in fantasy that's not high fantasy.  Especially not Tolkienesque--I prefer a simpler version of that.

The only high fantasy I might like is generic JRPG high fantasy, which is like a simplified version of Tolkienesque high fantasy but with less stuffy backstories and racial tensions and generally cooler magical shit going on.
  • Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    >I personally find gritty realism (in asthetics, not tone) far better than haughty, pompous shit like High Fantasy.

This is a surprise, given the stuff you usually like.
  • $80+ per session
    It's funny how you think High Fantasy has the potential to be any more pompous than gritty realism.
  • So how about gritty Low Fantasy?

• I think "High Fantasy" might not be the exact word I'm looking for.

Orcus: What is the exact difference between High/Low Fantasy?
  • edited 2011-11-05 12:45:31
    Has friends besides tanks now
    The differences are mainly the morality (i.e. in High Fantasy, the good guys are clearly the good guys) and the amount of magic present in the respective settings, to put it concisely.
  • edited 2011-11-05 12:44:11
    Low Fantasy is pretty much A Song of Ice and Fire/Game of Thrones. Fantasy species (elves, dwarves, ect), are rare, magic is usually non-existent or rare, and it tends to have more gray-and-gray or gray-and-black morality. It's pretty much the real-life Middle Ages with a different world and a few fantasy elements.

A Song of Ice and Fire does have some high fantasy elements, but that's more the scope of the story than anything.