If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Let's Play: Terraria

Comments

• No rainbow star
    ^ I read that dirt walls the player places no longer spawn monsters

I found a torrent of it, so if you ever run a server for IJBM, then hopefully it is cracked until I've gotten out of the red and can buy Terraria
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    ^True, but I don't think he placed those himself.
  • We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year
    You're right, I didn't, I should do that.

Crafted a hammer, but I don't think I'll be able to start knocking out any walls until the zombies leave...

No, no, by "walls" I mean the background walls.
  • We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year
    I know, but the Terraria wiki said that hammers can only chip at the edges of naturally occurring walls.

anyway, it's already morning, I'm already mostly done:

By the way, can I just say that this game not having a real pause button and using ESC to expand the inventory is really annoying? 

anyway, walls done.
    You can set it so that opening the inventory pauses the game if you're on single player.

And you can also bind the inventory key to something else. I generally use "E."
  • No rainbow star
    Raise your door or lower the wood floor outside by one. Zombies can't open it on a blood moon then

d = door
    x = block

d
    d
    d
    xxx

Zombies can open that

d
    d
    d
    x
    xxx

Zombies can't get through
    hmm. so it is.

Anyway, I think that's enough for today. Maybe next time I'll try and find a nearby tunnel.
  • edited 2011-11-24 11:51:35
    We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year
    AND WE BEGIN ONCE MORE

unfortunately, I can't do anything, as the late night zombie/floating eye rush is here...

As I wait out the night, I wonder: Why is it so much more difficult to make beds as compared to Minecraft.?

Anyway, the sun just rose so now I'm going off exploring...

AND NOW THIS JUST HAPPENED

Oh, but don't worry, it should be no sweat to keep these slimes from killing me...

Or not. /confirmedfornoob

Anyway, I went in the opposite direction and found some iron ore, enough for 3 bricks. Not even enough for an anvil to actually USE the bars. 

At least there was a treasure chest near my house that I didn't notice until now!

Just going to omit a bunch of walking, wood-chopping and slime-killing...

Ooh, another biome! I'd take the time to explore it if it weren't about to be nightfall...
  • Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    Images aren't showing up.
    The ones in the most recent post, or all of them?

Either way, try refreshing?
  • No rainbow star
    Now the images are repeating and/or broken :D
    Ugh, wow, I haven't update this in a while. Note to self: Reading any Terraria threads at ALL is anathema to my desire to play it. 

So, to recap, I have a crafting table, furnace, a makeshift wood shelter, some torches, wood, and a single falling star. What else would I be needing?
  • For now that is good. The next thing you should do is go find a cave and explore it, looking for copper and iron. 
    Agreed. The deeper the cave, the better.

Also, try to hold onto your money if possible.
  • edited 2011-12-18 11:51:34
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Oh, I see, this is where y'all Terraria-playing IJBMers have gone.

Maybe I should post here more often, instead of the other Terraria thread.
    Right. Searching for a cave.

So I think I'll just keep heading to the west until I find a nice cave-

OH DEAR GOD WHAT THE HELL IS THAT RUN AWAY AWAY- aw it killed me. 

So yeah, not going that way again.

Instead I'll go east, across the desert...

...to come to a dead end.

Time to come back out and-

-RUN INTO WHATEVER THE HELL THOSE ARE

I just died at the hands of that Big Eater, which is apparently the name of the thing that just killed me, so I'm not taking any chances...
  • edited 2011-12-18 12:41:38
    We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year
    Maybe I should post here more often, instead of the other Terraria thread.

There aren't that many people here, but more readers and commenters are always welcome!

That beetle-looking thing seems to have quite the attack range, so I think I'll simply head over the giant hill-

nope.avi
    Ooh, corruption on one side, desert on the other. That's really inconvenient.
  • edited 2011-12-18 12:47:53
    Not to mention being trapped between a rock-shooting antlion and what I'm assuming is a pretty hard vulture...

Okay, battle calculations: I've still got all copper tools and 100 hearts, the beetle did at least 25 HP of damage when I went near it, and I don't think the vulture is that much weaker than it.

This could take some doing...
  • edited 2011-12-18 12:51:27
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Vultures are pretty easy, really. Knockback works on them.

Antlions, though...not easy.

Honestly, I'd just go back into the cave and dig down.
    Problem, though: My supply of torches is kind of limited, and the ground in the cave is made entirely from sand, which actually obeys the theory of gravity in this game...
    Build a staircase. At the first sand block, dig yourself down six squares, then bring the column on your right down to your level, step onto it and dig down six more squares.

The sand likely isn't as deep as you'd expect.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Antlion are cake if approached from below on either side.  They are literally sitting figurative ducks, doing nothing to attack you.

Vultures are pretty easy; they're like demon eyes except they don't fly away from you.  Pieces of cake.

As for platform materials, these days I make sure to go around with a stack of wood platforms, a stack of dirt blocks, and a stack of stone blocks.  The latter two are easy to come by as long as I've been digging recently.  The first one has to be refilled periodically, which I do by chopping down a lot of trees and planting an acorn where each one was immediately after I chop it down.
    You might want to upload your images to imgur. I can't see a single one.
    INUH, is this what you meant?

I ask because your directions were kind of hard to visualize...

Antlion are cake if approached from below on either side. They are literally sitting figurative ducks, doing nothing to attack you.

Approaching them from below might be a tad difficult, won't it? It is laying on sand.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    mine sand away from them.  get like 200 sand blocks.  approach antlion.

Alternatively, shoot it from a distance.
    Precisely.

I said six because that's the unmodified jump height, making it most efficient for this purpose.

Alternatively, if you have wood platforms, I guess you could dig straight down and place them every six blocks.
    You might want to upload your images to imgur. I can't see a single one.

That's weird. They're all posted from cloud.steampowered.com, so maybe it's something with Steam?
    ^Did you set your profile to public?