If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Something Awful

edited 2011-10-28 09:15:20 in IJAM
No rainbow star
I'd like to thank those guys for being funny and giving the internet quite a bit of laughter and great LP's They are an awesome site at times with awesome members ^.^

Comments

• We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year
    Their music board is a hole, though.
  • You can change. You can.
  • We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year
    I think we can have a discussion about SA without throwing poo at each other, Juan.
    It's poo poo, you gently caress.

And I suppose we can, it's just that...well...

>IJBM
  • edited 2011-10-28 11:46:54
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    ^^Indeed.

Ica actually PMed me asking if this thread was okay to start. I okayed it, saying that it's quite possible to talk about something reasonably.

If someone does use this thread to start shit, I'll be pretty pissed about that.
  • Has friends besides tanks now
    Rest assured, I'll be watching this thread as long as I can.
  • Kichigai birthday!!
    Their CAD thread is pretty good,though it has been a little slow lately because the current arc IS BEING SLOW AS FUCK
  • Uh... I only really pay attention to their LPs, so, um, I guess they're not that bad?
  • Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    Goons with Spoons. Never has it failed to make me hungry.

That is all.
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    ^GwS made me consider joining at one point.

But I'm lazy, which makes me less likely to actually cook >.>
    Honestly, I just felt that there was nothing that we couldn't discuss in that thread started by Everest a while about wanting to join SA, I guess. 

Anyway, I considered the idea of joining when I saw the film board, but I don't think that's enough of an incentive to pay 10 bucks. Not to mention that I don't see what's the advantage of joining SA for GwS. I mean, you can still read the posts and there's an offsite wiki, no?
  • edited 2011-10-28 11:59:24
    Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    Their recipe threads are incredibly informative (without the Chinese food thread I wouldn't have known I was using the wrong kind of soy sauce for chicken), but I find their "lets talk about x food" threads far better.

^You can avoid getting placed outside the veil for one thing.
    ^^From what I can see, the off-site wiki doesn't look very substantial. 
  • edited 2011-10-28 12:01:57
    You can change. You can.
    ^^ Yeah, that's why I mentioned the offsite wiki.

^ Oh, that makes more sense.
  • Has friends besides tanks now
    "Honestly, I just felt that there was nothing that we couldn't discuss in that thread started by Everest a while about wanting to join SA, I guess. "

That would be fine with me. But if people want to talk about it here without getting their undies in a twist, that's also fine with me.
    Sure, wherever, whenever and all that, I guess.
  • I'd join for their comic board which seems to be pretty awesome. Now that I have disposable income, I think I might.
  • Following That Thread (you know the one) has increased my respect for SA posters as a whole, assuming the people in there are representative. I had this impression they were all a rampaging horde of e-hooligans, but some of them at least clearly aren't. I don't think I could ever quite buy the "for the lulz" philosophy of it though.  
    >notices Watch & Woot 

>never seen this before, go inside

intredasting.jpg
  • Their LPs, are, of course, good. 

I don't really know about the rest of the forums. I usually don't browse forums unless I'm a member of them.
    I really never cares for LPs in general.

I feel that gaming in general loses quite a lot of appeal when it becomes about watching someone else playing
  • edited 2011-10-28 15:23:52
    I feel the opposite. I think watching people play games can be just as fun as playing them, especially with games that are fundamentally fun, but have problems that would prevent me from playing the entire game.
  • edited 2011-10-28 15:24:50
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    I find that LPs actually are worst for those such games, because they easily become boring.  LPs work for games that are of high difficulty but played by someone who knows what they're doing and can explain how the game works in an entertaining and presentable fashion.
    I admit that an LP for Ikaruga can be entertaining due to the cheer skill involved, but I don't really care for, say, an MGS 4 LP. 
  • edited 2011-10-28 15:30:57
    Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    ^I dunno for story heavy games like MGS there isn't THAT much lost when it's transferred into LP form.

Personally, I like LPs for games that I would have no chance of playing for whatever reason or LPs that have very good presentation and entertainment value.
  • The only LPs I like are for horror games.

• I can like a wide variety of LPs, but I usually don't like LPs of straight up action games or platformers. I like the game to have dialogue for the commentator to work off of.
    I dig that Amnesia LP.

I dunno for story heavy games like MGS there isn't THAT much lost when it's transferred into LP form.

Personally, I like LPs for games that I would have no chance of playing for whatever reason or LPs that have very good presentation and entertainment value.

For all the criticism levelled at MGS for being cutscene heavy, I still feel that playing them is far more entertaining than just watching the cutscenes.

I mean, there's a difference between shooting The Boss yourself rather than letting someone else do it, damnit.
  • It's an awesome site. :3
  • if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur
    They blocked lurkers.