If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

What the fuck did I just find?

edited 2011-10-28 00:58:11 in Webspace
No rainbow star
NSFW due to images of fabric vaginas ...Gelzo, I blame you for saying Wombmoon, leading me to searching for it to find out what the fuck it means

Comments

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    >Do the Kegel (the pelvic squeeze).

Uh.

>Shut up an lick it.

Uhhhh.

>Live like you have diamonds between your legs.

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...
  • No rainbow star
    Like I said, blame Gelzo
  • Oh god.

You didn't know that word?

I just propagated an extremist feminist meme.

I...

I think I need to lie down for a minute.
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    I'm staying the hell away from that link.

What is it?
  • edited 2011-10-28 01:24:40
    Pony Sleuth
    Being serious here, I remember hearing about "wombmoon" as a reanalysis of the word "woman" to separate it from the word "man". "Womb" and "moon" were just words that sounded similar and supposedly evoked whatever it was that these feminists wanted to evoke.

I find it odd that I can't find anything describing the definition or origin of the word.
  • No rainbow star
    ^ ...That is the dumbest piece of crap...
  • It's part of why I take a dim view towards modern feminism as a whole.
  • No rainbow star
    I remember a science ethics class I took. It touched on feminism and said that feminism is for equal rights for all

Then I see this crap and go, "...You really need to rebrand yourselves as Equalists"
  • I think it's called egalitarianism.
  • No rainbow star
    ^ I think equalism sounds catchier though D:
  • Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    I really hope this doesn't turn into another genderwank topic.
  • "Egalitarian" is much more... elegant than "equalist".

Not to mention it's already a word.
  • No rainbow star
    ^^ I think it's turning into a language wank threas instead

^ But Egalitarian doesn't sound CATCHY!
  • I'm still inclined to disagree, but I'll concede that you might find more success cultivating a new identity for a movement if you assign a new word to it. 
  • No rainbow star
    I'll take that as a victory :3
  • It's like making some sort of weird New Age religion out of menstruation, more than feminism. A lot of radical feminists would probably see that as bullshit too.

Also, if anyone's interested I think the real etymology of the word woman is from the Old English "wyf-man" i.e. a person who may be taken in marriage as a wife. It probably is sexist, but people who change historical fact to suit their beliefs really annoy me.

• -fap...fap...fap-
  • I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.
    The do the Kegel website.

ARGGHH the woman in the top right hand corner winks creepily every now and again :s
  • Thane of rum-guzzling and necromancy

Creepy as Hell. If only they charted the phases of their breasts instead...

• No rainbow star
    ^ I could get behind that
  • I could get in front of that. ;D
  • WTF.