If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Some jackass took my laundry out early

edited 2011-10-21 14:13:51 in General
I live in an apartment and so everyone takes turns using the laundry room. I decided I'd do mine while most everyone else is at work by now.

So I put my clothes in the washer and even set my kitchen timer for 30 minutes so I could be right down to switch to the dryer.

The timer goes off, I go down, and some BASTARD has thrown my laundry into the dryer 7 minutes early, leaving it soaking and waiting in the open dryer so he can load his own clothes, because he's in such a fucking rush.

NO ONE TOUCHES MY FUCKING LAUNDRY. GOD JESUS MOTHERFUCK IF HE TOOK ANY OF MY PANTIES OR BRAS I'LL REALLY KILL HIM.

FUCKING EWW

I DON'T LIKE STRANGERS/PEOPLE TOUCHING MY INTIMATES.

So now both my loads are in the dryers, set for an hour. I'm gonna check down in a little over half an hour to make sure he didn't dump my clothes from the dryer, because if he does I will personally wait there in the laundry room to give him a piece of my mind.

Just don't touch other people's shit! Especially when you have to wait an hour anyway for their clothes to dry! GOD FUCK COME ON.

/capsabuseberserkbutton

Comments

• I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.
    Have you tried just turning the machine off he is using?

• I was too pissed to think of it at the time, but when I got upstairs I figured I'd forego it for the chance to catch him red-handed.

And even though I shouldn't, I'd feel bad.
    If you aren't busy why not just go down and wait, and then either confront him or stare at him uncomfortably the whole time he is in the room?
  • I'm a little busy, but when it comes time for him to finish his wash cycle I'll be visiting. >:D
    Fair enough.
    Do tell us what comes of it!

Also regarding the actual thing he did, what a dick really, I've never had it happen to me at uni, but I'd be similarly outraged.
  • In college, this is a given. If you're late to pick it up, don't be surprised if someone else takes it out so they can use it.
  • That's really annoying!

Not only did he cause an inconvenience to you (if he needed his clothes washed so urgently he should have started before you) but you're right you just shouldn't be touching other people's stuff, let alone a young woman's. It's just rude.

As for the stolen undies, is there actually a chance that he did that, or are you just being paranoid?
  • @AHR: Oh totally, I agree completely, but this douche took my clothes out a good 7 minutes early, when I paid for 30, not 23.

@Conductor: I'm not sure, but this building is full of seedy people and I wouldn't put it past them. :<
  • Huh, well that's weird. The original guy I bumped into in the laundry room wasn't the one moving his own laundry, some lady did instead.

Now I'm just confused and annoyed. They still had to wait an hour for my dryers to get finished, so what was the fucking point of tossing my load out 7 minutes early?!
  • No rainbow star
    Maybe she was a crazy cat lady looking for Mittens because the mean people like to use Mittens' favourite hiding spot the dryer, leading her to believe that you were killing poor poor Mittens you murderous cat hater :D?
  • She seemed more the "yappy little lapdog" type of person than a "crazy cat lover" kind.
  • MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    Oh christ is it bad I know exactly the kind of person you're talking about? I mean, I like dogs but I cannot stand those yippy little critters.
  • No rainbow star
    I walked a chihuahua once. It was a pleasant little guy to be around

...I also gobbled around a hunting dog (didn't know it was a hunting dog at the time). Apparently I do a good turkey call because it drove the beagle NUTS :D
  • Waltzy: ...oh. Wow. No. No. That's...that's douchey. I mean, our laundry stuff is timed, and the door can't open until then.

Complain away.
  • I can understand being upset if they did take your laundry out early. (I'd be damn upset. The laundry machine here is freakin' expensive)

But if it's just moving the clothes to the other machine to put your own in, as long as they were done, I don't really care. Do it myself all the time. Sure, seems a little odd if they would have to wait anyways for your clothes to finish drying, but nothing to get upset over. Perhaps it's a bit of a walk to the machines, and they don't want to have to lug the soap and clothes all over again.