If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

When a game company will release certain games in a series internationally but not others

edited 2011-10-13 16:05:32 in General
AKA, FUCK YOU KONAMI! I wanna play the Tales Games, but I can't do that can I? YOU PRICKS!

Comments

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    I thought Namco did the Tales games.

That said, go ask Nintendo about the early Fire Emblem games, and Gust about many of the Atelier games.
  • probably human
    And Capcom about Ace Attorney Investigations 2.
  • You're right, it is Namco, but Konami does it to, isn't that right Mystical Ninja?!

See, I can understand it if it was consistent, but the with Tales it seems so...random. 
  • Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    Mother 3?! Why hasn't Mother 3 been mentioned (and released)?
  • edited 2011-10-13 16:44:03
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    ^Because Nintendo would be promptly sued into oblivion by like twenty different companies?
  • ....For what?
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    From what I've heard, there are an absurd number of little references in it that are legally actionable trademark violations.
  • edited 2011-10-13 17:00:50
    I know (or rather, I'm pretty sure I heard) that's why Earthbound's never getting a virtual console release. Hadn't heard it about Mother 3, but I wouldn't be surprised.
    I don't know about Mother 3 (haven't played it) but I do know that such would be the fate of a Mother 2 (Earthbound) re-release.
  • Kamen Rider MADOKA
    From what I've heard, there are an absurd number of little references in it that are legally actionable trademark violations.

Copyright law dissonance is a bitch.
    But we have fan-translation ROM-hacking.
  • Kamen Rider MADOKA
    And the biggest issue with fan translations is when an official translation comes out, there's a shitstorm between those who liked the fan translation and those who use the official translation as canon.

The shitstorm is peanuts compared to lawsuits and legal issues.
  • Kamen Rider MADOKA
    Yep, though Internet hyperbole tends to make that part less realistic.
  • Likes cheesecake unironically.
    I have to think of the lack of Atlus games in Europe (well, I'm playing Persona 3 at the moment).

Now, Atlus doesn't release their games at all here, but there are other publishers that can do it. Still, the list of releases of their games in Europe, compared to releases in America, is very holey. The first Etrian Odyssey got released here, but not the others. On Shin Megami Tensei, we have SMT 3 (under the name "Lucifer's Call", although I never found it anywhere), the Digital Devil Saga games, Persona 3 (all versions, but P3P was very late here) and 4 and the first Raidou Kuzunoha game (although I didn't find that either and until just now I thought that it's also unreleased here). With that, we are missing Devil Survivor, Strange Journey, Persona 1 and Persona 2: Innocent Sin (and Eternal Punishment surely too) and Raidou Kuzunoha vs. King Abaddon. Unless I forgot a few others.

I wonder, did Atlus games so badly here that nobody gives them a real chance anymore? At the beginning it looked good, most games that came to America also came here, but after that...

Hell, I can't describe how happy I was when I discoved Persona 3 Portable in a store last April and read that Deep Silver wants to release Catherine here (although not until next year, apparently).
  • It's becoming less and less of a problem with most consoles being region free, but still.
  • But you never had any to begin with.
    For some reason, Namco thought it would be a good idea to release Xenosaga 2 in Europe, but neither of the other games.