If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

I find myself wanting to join the Army Reserve when I'm older

edited 2011-10-11 06:45:25 in Meatspace
Ignoring the twin problems that I'm a fatty (serious) and that I would probably try to steal a tank and go to Maccas with it (most definitely not serious, background checks being run two years from now), I increasingly feel a drive to rock up to a recruiting office and enlist into the ADF, specifically the Reserve. I've envisioned joining up from quite a young age, but this is the first time I've really considered it as a possibility and, more to the point, I find myself wanting to do it (assuming I can get in shape, because seriously, fuck the beep test). I feel a lot of pride these days towards anything I'm a member of, and I find the notion of serving my country quite noble and honourable (and I'm quite a fan of both). Bah, I don't know where I'm going with this. Half of this is just me wanting to get this out there so people with actual brains can say obvious things like "are you sure you want to do this?".

Other half's the uniform. Bitches love the uniform.

Comments

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    Well, are you sure you want to do this? Keep in mind you could die.
  • No rainbow star
    ^ Death. Tis but a flesh wound
  • It's also worth bearing in mind that losing weight/getting into shape physically is tough enough when done in everyday life, let alone as part of military training. I think you have to be really motivated to do this, especially if it would be a full-time thing (which isn't clear from your post).

Also, a lot of women who live near military bases will probably be sick of soldiers trying to chat them up every weekend.  

• One foot in front of the other, every day.
    So go get some tail in the countryside.
  • edited 2011-10-11 23:17:19
    Well, are you sure you want to do this? Keep in mind you could die.
    That's one of the prime reasons why I want to go into the Reserve. I know for certain there's an option in the Reserve to leave the country, and if I stick around here I doubt I'll end up with a bullet between the eyes.

I think you have to be really motivated to do this, especially if it
    would be a full-time thing (which isn't clear from your post).
    Wouldn't be full time since I've got university to worry about. Regular Reserve scheduling is, as quoted from the ADF's recruiting website, "as few as 14 days to over 100 days a year. It’s designed to fit in
    with your own work arrangements. Most people attend one night a week
    (usually Tuesday) and one weekend a month. They also attend a two-week
    training camp at least once a year."

Also, a lot of women who live near military bases will probably be sick of soldiers trying to chat them up every weekend. 
    That was a joke.
  • Kamen Rider MADOKA
    This actually would be more interesting, if you were, say, South Korean.
  • Probably more dangerous, too.