If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Almost all the threads I make are pepsi threads.

edited 2011-10-07 18:41:41 in Wonderful posts
MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
Because seriously. Fuck Coke.

Comments

• You can change. You can.
    I prefer coke

so fuck you.
  • MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    (actually doesn't drink soda)
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    I've never understood why they're considered alternatives to each other. I mean, I get that they're rivals, but they don't taste remotely the same.
  • a little muffled
    Either you have some kind of hyperdeveloped sense of taste or the ingredients are different where you live, because, uh, they taste almost identical.
    Pepsi is a good deal sweeter than Coke.

Though if you're outside the US, somewhere that Coke contains actual sugar, that might be different.
    Honestly, I've only ever drank Pepsi because I've seen Pepsi with real sugar but not coke.
  • edited 2011-10-07 19:02:25
    a little muffled
    Canadian soft drinks don't use real sugar either. Pepsi is a bit sweeter, and I can distinguish the tastes if I taste one right after another. (In a blind taste test of Pepsi, Coke, and two generic cola brands, I correctly guessed all four.) But really, tasting some random cola on its own I probably couldn't tell you which it was.

To say "they don't taste remotely the same" is definitely a major exaggeration.
    I find the sweetness to be quite significant in terms of deciding whether I'm in the mood for Coke or Pepsi.

Of course, given that I'm going to school in Atlanta, I'm probably not going to see Pepsi in any vending machines on campus :P
  • "Pepsi is a good deal sweeter than Coke."

Where the hell do you live? Pepsi is utterly flat/non-sweet and tasteless to me. Coke is insanely sweet.
    Yeah, they don't taste samey to me. Not one bit. 

Pepsi is way too sweet for my taste.
  • Likes cheesecake unironically.
    To me, Pepsi tastes like cheap cola that I can just as well get from a no-name brand for not even half an Euro.
  • "To me, Pepsi tastes like cheap cola that I can just as well get from a no-name brand for not even half an Euro."

Yeah, this.

Okay, swap out "half a Euro" (It should be "a Euro", since "Euro" starts with a consonant sound*) for "a Dollar".

*: Specifically, the Palatal Approximant (/j/)
  • a little muffled
    Coke tastes like Pepsi tastes like almost every generic brand. I don't know what you guys are on about.
  • $80+ per session
    Coke and Pepsi taste nothing alike. INUH is completely right when he says Pepsi is sweeter. I prefer it.
  • a little muffled
    Seriously? Nothing alike? That's...a bit of a stretch, even if Pepsi is significantly sweeter. (Which it really isn't, unless the recipe is different in the States. It's sweeter, but...not by that much.)
    In the end, both rot your teeth.
    So does beer

your point?
  • edited 2011-10-07 20:45:50
    MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    just being silly and tired and slightly drunk.

so being me on a friday night.
  • Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    When they use high-fructose corn syrup, Coke an Pepsi taste very similar. Though not identical.

With real sugar, Pepsi tastes mostly the same to me, while Coke is the ambrosia of the fucking gods.
    And I was just poking fun at your drinking habits, you silly jewish cahoot. 
    I read that as 'you silly jewish carrot'

Now I want to make the jewish equivalent of vegitales.
  • Why is everyone saying that Pepsi is sweeter

Pepsi has no sweetness AT FUCKING ALL

Seriously coke is like 100 times sweeter
  • They taste different to me, but not so different I prefer one or the other.
  • edited 2011-10-07 21:39:03
    ^^ What kind of Pepsi are you drinking, man??
  • $80+ per session
    Yeah Chagen, I think you're the one who is wrong here.
    Well, we can't really prove Chagen's experiences wrong. All this really proves is that Chagen's experiences with pepsi and coke differ from yours.

There are a bunch of different reasons for this, but it's pretty much impossible to say he's wrong.
    Also, different countries use different formulas. In fact, from the cokes and pepsies I've tasted

Colombian Coke > American Pepsi > Colombian Pepsi > Chilean Coke > Colombian Coke
  • $80+ per session
    Well, Chagen, INUH, Central Avenue, and I all live in the same country...I think Chagen's taste buds are just wired a weird way or something...