If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

There is a rooster somewhere in my neighbourhood.

edited 2011-10-07 14:29:37 in IJAM
One foot in front of the other, every day.
It's about 6:30 AM. I was out on my balcony, having a cigarette, and I heard a rooster crow somewhere nearby.

I am in the middle of suburbia, 20 minutes drive from Melbourne city.

This is awesome.

Comments

• Oh no, no, that is no rooster.  What you heard was the bone-chilling crow of that most dreaded creatures of the night...

...The werechicken.
  • One foot in front of the other, every day.
    Then I'll have a wereroast just in time for breakfast. :D
  • You can change. You can.
    Have you thought of the human inside?

HAVE YOU?
  • $80+ per session
    This happened here too. Suburban town, we had about 3 or 4 roosters running around.
  • I can't claim to have heard any in London, but you do periodically read in the press about suburban dwellers keeping chickens as, effectively, pets.

You also hear about people who move to small English villages and then go ballistic when someone's cock wakes them up at 4 am. Yes, people do still call male chickens cocks over here.

• Somehow I thought being woken up by cock at 4 am would be more fun than that. >.>
  • edited 2011-10-07 16:25:05
    ...Oh alright, fine, something that isn't a dick joke... Uh...

I technically live in the country, so chickens aren't all that rare here.  Unfortunately, I live in the center of town, and all the farms, etc. where they keep said chickens are on the outskirts, so I don't really see them all that much.  A shame, really, as chickens are so cute and I'd love one as a pet~ ^_^
    Chickens are fun to chase around. I used to do that all the time and it was brilliant.
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    ^^Trust me, if you knew how much chickens poop, you wouldn't want a pet one.
  • Give them pleasure - the same pleasure they have when they wake up from a nightmare.
    I have to agree with Moerin.

Definitely a werechicken.
  • You know the word that chicken can be substituted with, why do you make threads that tempt me!?!
    Don't restrain yourself for my sake, Clocky. Knock yourself out. xD

(Literally. The next person to tell a dick joke is getting thrown off a bridge.)
  • Well, I'm trying to catch up with Alex's chicken, but he feels I would abuse the poor animal...

It's not my fault I want to spend quality time with Alex.
  • edited 2011-10-08 10:55:55
    Such a fowl young lady. >:(

Actually, I am really sorry for that pun. I'm no good at eggsecution.
  • I know this flirting will get us in a nest of trouble, but it seems my ability to stay away from you has flown the coup.

• edited 2011-10-08 11:04:10
    ... and I got nothin'. You win this one. xD
  • I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.
    Pet chickens are great!
    Also they seem to be becoming more commonly chosen as a pet.

A cockerel is a male under 1 year.
    A cock is a male over 1 year. (Also used in other male birds, Cock Sparrow)
    (Or Rooster if in the US)

Also pretty sure the rooster originally was for male chickens you kept for to eat (they were on the roost) rather than breeding purposes.
    There's a pun or two in there, but in the process of thinking of one, I came across the phrase "cock knowledge" and I'm pretty sure it speaks for itself.
  • I'm hoping Alex will show me everything there is to taking proper care of cocks.
  • $80+ per session
    We get it.
  • Just because no one visits your farm because of your dirty swine, doesn't mean you have to act like that Vivi, Or should I say, Mr. Invites a hippo to his farm Vivi.
  • $80+ per session
    ...-_-...
  • $80+ per session
    I don't even know what you mean by that. Care to explain?
  • No rainbow star
    I want a hippopotamus for Christmas~
    Only a hippopotamus will do~
  • Dear IJBM,

I, Captainbrass, being of sound mind, do hereby apologise for introducing a derail on the male membrum virile into this harmless discussion of domestic fowl.

Now you can all see why Americans talk about "roosters" instead.

• No rainbow star
    I wonder if anybody has had so many cocks around th that they had to beat them all off? :D
  • I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.