If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Internet Machismo

edited 2011-03-06 10:02:01 in General
I can understand why you'd want to grace us with your presence on TvTropes, with its abundance of young, stupid nerds. I can't understand why you'd spend twelve hours a day doing so if going out and getting laid and breaking rocks with your teeth is the be-all end-all of your existence.

Talk is cheap.

Comments

• Just come out and say that you hate Kino. It's okay.
  • I don't do hate. I am, however, bugged.

Apparently we had a thread like this that got locked? If this is against the rules, my apologies, please lock/delete.
  • It's not really against the rules, and even if it were. This thread is about the glorification of macho values and how they clash with nerd culture (or something), even if Kino was the obvious trigger, we don't need to restrict our conversation to him only.

Who are you, anyway?
  • I like some aspects of traditional masculine behavior. The rest can not die fast enough.
  • edited 2011-03-06 12:16:25
    To lazily copypaste something I posted in a TVT thread:

I generally dislike "manliness" played straight, and that sorta bothers me because I feel like I'm unfairly comdemning those who enjoy manliness/masculinity just because it's not right for me.

• ^^^She's Penguin 4 Senate. She said this explicitly at introduction.

^^Seconded.
  • Chainsaws, guns, beards, fighting skills, and getting psyched the hell up are all awesome.

Stupidity and needless aggression are not.
  • What about a gun that fires chainsaws that its holder uses to keep his awesome beard in check?

Also chainsaws strapped to the back of his hands that he can activate with his mind.
  • edited 2011-03-06 16:41:32
    yea i make potions if ya know what i mean
    I really wish these people would just fuckin' leave already.

We don't need you going on about how awesome you are in relation to everyone else, nor do we need you telling everyone else to toughen the fuck up. Because chances are, you're making shit up. I know because I've been in the position of make-shit-upper, and there are a lot of ways to go about it. Mentally Ill Woobie and Super Macho Man really aren't that far apart in terms of how attention whorish they are.

Even if you're not making shit up, the fact that half the forum hates you should be a pretty clear indication that most of us just do not. care. about what you do the one hour out of the day you're not braggnig about yourself on TVTropes. So don't act all shocked that we don't like you.
  • I kind of thought Penguin was immune to being bugged about anything.
  • yea i make potions if ya know what i mean
    Even the professionals are sometimes annoyed.
  • I once compared Kino with the 3rd guy in this picture:

He blew a casket.
  • Isn't it "Blew a gasket"?
  • ...Casket?

Who the hell is that, anyway?
  • Third guy from the left, or from the right?
  • Obviously she meant the third tallest, which would be the guy on the far right, fourth from the left.

But srsly, who are any of these people and why do I have a feeling that they shouldn't be alive?
  • The cast of Jersey Shore. This should answer both your questions.
  • ...Does the guy on the far left have a heart hanging from his pants?
  • edited 2011-03-06 18:23:47
    @Tnoph - you don't happen to have screencaps of said casket-blowing, do you?
  • IT'S GASKET GODDAMMIT.

Also, seconding that question.
  • edited 2011-03-06 20:16:50
    Pony Sleuth
    What do you get when you combine air-bending with necromancy?

{Dead air.              }
  • If Milli Vanilli falls down in the forest, and there's no one around to hear it, does it make a sound?

• Harbinger of thread and forum death
    Oh, it's good to see someone made this topic. I'm gonna go ahead and say right now that I agree with Spain and everyone else who doesn't like internet machismo. If you wanna tell a story about this one kinda manly thing you did, by all means, do so, it'll be a fun discussion, may open up some fun times for all. What bugs me, is when all you do is talk about how much of a badass you are and how you're hot shit. Much like a joke, stories about how macho you are tend to get incredibly annoying the more you tell them. You can do some good gentlemen, I've seen it done, so could the machismo just drop? I dunno, maybe if I got some sleep I could put this more eloquently and go into a much longer rant but short version: A story or two about how manly you are can be fun, every story you tell being about the aforementioned topic makes you annoying
  • Quit being a whiny bitch and man up.
    @Tnophelia: That's because I'm not a pill popping guido fuck.

• What are you then?
    A sarcastic, cynical, and attractive man with boundless sex appeal.
  • boundless sex appeal.

is that so?
    Yep.
  • please excuse me while I doubt that.

-doubts-

Okay I am done. I guess you do.
    It's fine and dandy until the barista at Starbucks tells you he wants to suck your cock.