If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Daggerfall

13»

Comments

• ^^ Lots of dying in the first dungeon :-P It'd get better later of course. Can be a fun class, potential to level up REALLY fast.

Experiment. Combined Mage/Fighter builds are doable. There's no "best" build. As MoeDantes said, Daggerfall's at it's best when you go fuck around.
  • No rainbow star
    Hmm...

Would it be torture if I made an archery based class?
  • Up to you. Moe likes it. I despite the game's archery lol. 
  • no longer cuddly, but still Edmond
    I always had the most fun with magic, especially since Daggerfall allows you to do stuff that you can't in any other game in the series, like say FLY.
  • No rainbow star
    Only issue is getting out of the first dungeon :P
  • ^^ Morrowind had Levitate too. Some of the fun thing to do in Daggerfall:

1. Load the game on Xmas
    2. Put on a red fur-lined cloak.
    3. Cast Levitate
    4. Get on your carriage
    5. And plant gifts in every houses.

• edited 2011-10-02 04:24:52
    Likes cheesecake unironically.
    If you use the class creator and you don't make a magic-user character, it may be a good idea to get the "Inability to regenerate magic points" disadvantage. It's quite a strong disadvantage and it shows in the experience adjustment, but if you can't even cast magic, there is no actually disadvantage here. Feels like cheating, though.
  • No rainbow star
    Wait, I thought regeneration was natural regeneration, not magical
  • edited 2011-10-02 04:26:05
    Likes cheesecake unironically.
    There is also magical regeneration, but If forgot to include the words "magic points".

Note that it's been a while since I played it, so it's a little bit inaccurate.
    Usually your health, stamina and MP will regenerate over time (usually when you sleep)

If you have the "inability to regenerate magic points" weakness, then MP won't regenerate on its own (health and stamina will, though)... but I *think* you can still use restorative potions and the like.
  • No rainbow star
    So then what about that regeneration specialization one can have?
    Which regeneration specializations?
  • He means extra regen in daylight, in water, or in darkness. Note that Darkness includes EVERY DUNGEON.

Oh, fun fact, Racial traits take precedence over class traits. So High Elf Immunity to Paralysis > Critical Weakness to Paralysis.
  • No rainbow star
    ^ So one can make a class that has a bunch of drawbacks but design it so the drawbacks do not affect performance and possibly get nulled by race?
    Yes, but IIRC the High Elf immunity to paralysis was pretty much the only one where it was all that useful (unless Ghilz knows of other).

Incidentally, "In Darkness" IIRC means any time you're not outside during the day.
  • There's others too, but they are resistances rather than immunities (like Nords and Cold, Dark Elf and fire). So taking weaknesses to do them does nothing and leaves you still resistant (unlike what you'd expect where the weakness and resistance cancel out). As I said,  the game is so very breakable.

Heck, other cheap exploits:

Forbidden Material: Iron.  Steel is available from the start, and always better. Iron in fact incurs a penalty on weapon health and damage as well armor AC.

1/2 Magicka in Daylight: You almost never fight during the day outside. 1/2 at least makes sure your magic is not competely depleted when you go in doors.
  • edited 2011-10-03 15:14:54
    No rainbow star
    ^ I don't think I'd take the half magic during the day penalty, if only because I want to screw around with the game as much as possible and would rather not be stuck doing that only at night

But now I know to sell all my iron :D

And honestly, if steel is available from the start, who the hell would use iron? Steel > iron even in real life, and it's better to spend a little extra money and not die a ton than it is to save a little money on a cheaper purchase and die constantly