If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

This is the skin of a killer, IJBM!

edited 2011-09-27 01:10:01 in Wonderful posts
MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

Comments

• edited 2011-09-27 01:10:27
    hot

would fap again
  • Silent Hill has at least proven that once you strike upon something that everyone loves.

People aren't afraid to completely drain that thing of the reason you love it.
  • MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    Inorite.

I like how in Silent Hill Homecoming he just shows up for no reason whatsoever. He just walks by and looks at you. Might as well have him do 'Putting on the Ritz'.
  • Clean your room little Billy
    ^ He also kills Alex's father later on, and in one of the endings two of them put one of their helmets on Alex and turn him into another PH. I guess, like the nurses, he's now just another permanent fixture in Silent Hill (and neighbouring towns under the same influence).
    It doesn't make any sense though. There's no reason for Pyramid Head to be there, and his presence being only in 2 makes it pretty clear James created him. Hell, James even says he created him.
  • It's not only that, but come on, Reusing old stuff?

Real creative guys.
  • You can change. You can.
    maybe Pyramid Head grew up and left James' nest like the good bird he is.
  • Clean your room little Billy

I know that PH's Great Knife in Homecoming has a design change, and resembles an oversized army knife, so his appearance could be interpreted as either a representation of how Alex percieves his father or his guilt over how he hates his father. Actually, the whole game kinda points to Alex having one hell of an Oedipus complex (yeah, I know, junk science). But I suspect that $ was involved in the decision making process.

It's not only that, but come on, Reusing old stuff?
    Real creative guys. 

Creativity =/= quality. Just sayin'.

I don't mind Pyramid Head being reused, so much as Pyramid Head being shoehorned in because he's popular.
  • You say that, and yet I could point out a thousand ways to prove you wrong.
    Shoot and I'll dodge and shoot back harder.
    I think in the context of Silent Hill creativity is important. Reuse leads to familiarity which Silent should on;y vaguely be.
  • Quality Villains... how about the use of Daleks?

I quite enjoy that they haven't been that overplayed in the new series... but let's fact it,

the Quantity of them reduces their quality,

Pyramid Head being reused again and again reduces his quality.
    I'd say the repetition of certain motifs and the gamer being familiar with them can be an effective fear tool.

Again, I should say that repetition itself is not particularly harming, not even in a horror context, but it's the use and the variation you give to that repetition what can make it work.
    >Quality villains
    >Daleks

lol

but really, I don't mind the daleks' being overuse, actually. And all things considered, I've enjoyed every single one of their dastardly schemes and appereances in the series finale. the reason why I think it's better the series has gotten away from them are purely thematical. But if the daleks came back, I'd be fine with it if the story was executed well.