If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Romance

edited 2011-03-04 22:33:31 in Meatspace
La vie en rose
I like a girl who has a boyfriend and she's falling for me. Second time this past year it's happened. I feel like an asshole.

Comments

• Don't feel like an asshole for being attractive. Girls have second thoughts all the time. Boyfriend =/= husband, so it's not like you are shattering a potential future.
  • I have only one thing to say: polyamory FTW.
  • Thanks Tnoph. I do feel that she and her boyfriend are very not as close as they could be (they don't share many interests, for example), and I don't think they'll marry. We'll see. I'll try to proceed without guilt.

I'm hoping for polyamory. It would simplify things in my mind, at least.
  • So "falling for me" became "fallen for me" tonight.

Whew....we're in fucking love!
  • -clap clap clap-
  • -bow-

I'm an attention whore, aren't I? Regardless, I had to get this off my chest.
  • Fun fun fun under the sun?

• Yeah, except for the sun.
  • Fun fun fun, till her daddy takes the T-Bird away?

(Damnit, DonZabu, you said you weren't gonna do that anymore!)

• T-Bird

So that's what that line is!
  • What a great song.
  • A few weeks later and while she hasn't broken up with her boyfriend, we're making plans to keep seeing each other next year when she goes to grad school.

Funny how things turn out. I really like her.
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    Good job Longfellow! ^^
  • My romantic wangst is that the girl I like is on the other side of the country.
  • Are you planning to meet up any time soon?
  • We don't have the money/opportunity yet; it'll probably be another year before we do.
  • Good luck! Do you guys Skype often? It must feel good to see her face and hear her voice.
  • We Skype pretty much as much as possible.  One time it even reached six hours.  It does feel good to see her face and hear her voice, although I do wish I could put my hand against hers, etc.
  • Ponicalica and Longfellow know what's up. Skyping helps the distance not seem so terrible. Just being able to sit in relative silence knowing they are there is lovely.  Being able to watch facial expressions and responses. I'm quite glad to live in the time period we do.
  • "A few weeks later and while she hasn't broken up with her boyfriend,
    we're making plans to keep seeing each other next year when she goes to
    grad school."

There's a word for that and it's called "cheating".
  • edited 2011-04-03 20:20:33
    "Boyfriend =/= husband, so it's not like you are shattering a potential future."

>implying you need to be married to have a meaningful, committed relationship

:/
  • >implying that's the right color
  • >/adv/ pro strat: People you have cheated with will probably cheat on you.
  • edited 2011-04-03 20:54:23
    ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    [SHOCKING TRUTH]

/adv/ is unreliable and filled with trolls.

[SHOCKING TRUTH]
  • Still, it's right. If they don't respect their current partner enough to at least break it off before hand, chances are the same is going to happen to you.
  • edited 2011-04-03 20:55:58
    Cue-bey
    I'm willing to imagine that /adv/ did not come up with the theory that people who have cheated in the past are likely to cheat in the future.
  • I seen it first hand.
    >implying you need to be married to have a meaningful, committed relationship

You do actually when you think about it. Anyone can date. Less than that can get married.
    Before I am ninja'd, lets just put it this way:

Everyone on here other than Longfellow don't know who the girl is, so we can't presume anything.
  • BobBob
    edited 2011-04-03 20:59:12
    Technically we can presume things, we just shouldn't. It's not like anyone can stop us.