If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

White chocolate

edited 2011-09-19 02:19:41 in General
Why the hell is it even called chocolate? There is no actual cocoa in it!

Comments

• One foot in front of the other, every day.
    White chocolate is too sweet for me, but dark chocolate's too bitter. So I just eat milk chocolate.

Sorry, I couldn't really answer the question.
  • You can change. You can.
    Same consistence and appereance, I think

Anyway, I do what Alex said. 
  • I looooove white chocolate. <3 That cookies and cream bar, I'll do one anytime, anywhere.
  • Well, it kinda has cocoa...it's just that it uses cocoa butter.
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    White chocolate is too sweet for me, but dark chocolate's too bitter. So I just eat milk chocolate.
  • edited 2011-09-19 02:58:43
    I like all three. >.>

Also, since this is apparently about what kind of chocolate we like now...chocolate with cayenne pepper mixed in is awesome and anyone who says otherwise is a filthy liar entitled to their completely wrong opinion.
  • Chocolate Milk?
    Yes.
  • I like both milk and dark. Not white, though.
  • $80+ per session
    Love white.

Hate dark.
  • I also am fond of chocolate with bacon bits in it. <3
    Bacon in chocolate.

I can feel myself getting larger at the thought of it. x_x
  • It tastes really, really, REALLY good too.

That little bit of salty with the sweet just makes my mouth water uncontrollably at the thought.
  • This one likes white chocolate, but yes, technically it's not chocolate
  • edited 2011-09-19 11:36:50
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    I like white chocolate.

So when chocolate-lovers ask me what my favorite kind of chocolate is, I tell them white chocolate.  Because I honestly do like it more than milk chocolate or dark chocolate.  The ensuing raeg is also amusing to watch, but that's a secondary reason.

I'm okay with milk chocolate, but I dislike dark chocolate.  When I want candy, I expect it to be sweet.  Not bitter.

> chocolate with bacon in it
    This is ungodly.
  • He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.
    White chocolate doesn't taste like chocolate.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    It still does.
    Don't get me wrong, I still like it, but its taste when compared to chocolate is what you get when you compare Balmung to Glam.
    ...why would you compare a .hack// character or a large Castlevania sword with a fashion/celebrity magazine or a rock subgenre?
    Balmung is the name of Siegfried's sword in the Nibelungenlied. In the original Nordic cycles, He was named Sigurd, and I misspellt the sword's name:Gram.
    Oh, that.  Yeah, I'm aware both are names for Germanic/Norse mythological swords.  I just didn't mention the first in my earlier post because it would be funnier if I didn't.

That said, what's the difference between the two, and how does it relate to chocolate?
    Sigurd/Gram is the original and Siegfried/Balmung are the copies? Dark chocolate is the original, and White is not.
  • edited 2011-09-19 11:59:05
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    But white chocolate is not a half-ass copy!  White chocolate is just a different kind of chocolate.
    Keep telling yourself that, you will believe it one day.
  • But you never had any to begin with.
    Balmung and Gram are a bit of an odd case. Some sources say they are the same sword, some say Balmung replaced Gram.
    You think you're oh-so-manly for eating dark chocolate and enjoying the stupidly bitter taste?  Well, don't forget that you're eating silky smooth stylish treats!  Ask your manliness about that!
    I am not manly, I am your genetically superior, homo sapiens!
    I'm homo sapiens sapiens; not sure what you are.
    I'd say the two mythologies aren't so much "original" against "adaptation", but more natural alteration via geographical movement. They're folk tales, after all.
    Depends, though, while siegfried's tale may have originated in folk tales, his definitive version came from the play, which is an adaption.