If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

"European Philosophers Become Magical Anime Girls"

edited 2011-09-17 13:34:01 in General
We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year

Comments

• edited 2011-09-17 13:35:49
    For me, only if Ayn Rand is in it as the butt monkey.
  • Kichigai birthday!!
  • We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year
    It's European philosophy, so probably not.

also, I could've gone my entire life without seeing Spinoza's panties
  • When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
    That's horrifying.

The only possible way this could be good is if it drives Icycalm into a frothing, demented coma.
  • You can change. You can.
    I'm amused.
  • We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year
    Tsundere Nietzsche is hilarious, all the others are meh.
  • They're somethin' else.
    Well fuck, at this point, why don't you must moeafy US Presidents, Japan, seriously? They'll all look the same anyway, right?
    It's YANDERE Nietzche for you, Wicked.

Respect mah waifu. >:|
  • I love this

I love this so much

This is so riduculous it's awesome
  • Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    MAIM KILL BURN! MAIM KILL BURN! MAIM KILL BURN!
  • They're somethin' else.
    I want to love it, but I'm serious when I say you could copy and paste the names of any historical figure and the result will be the same.

You're seriously starting to bore me Japan. The phrase "wtf japan" means nothing now, nor did it mean anything 5 years prior. You're that weird, that weird doesn't describe you. Fuck you, man. Don't ever leave me.
    I just think it's another Hetalia and I'm amused because it will lead to so much new mockery and shit.
  • If Kant was reincarnated, does that mean he re-Kant-ed?
  • $80+ per session
    I'll be happy when I get my Moe Camus.
  • I'd like to see them try and moe-fy the Greek philosophers, with their giant beards.
  • "I want to love it, but I'm serious when I say you could copy and paste the names of any historical figure and the result will be the same."

That's my problem with this sort of thing. It's lazy. If it was a "______ for Dummies" sort of deal, then it may have some use, but it's moe stereotypes with historical names slapped on rather than the other way around.

Related, whenever I see the term "tsundere", my mind instantly associates it with "stock character".

• Until now, if you'd have mentioned "Hegel's bust", I would have pictured a white marble carving of a head on a dusty library shelf. Now it will probably be the subject of long, slobbering posts on anime forums.

I don't know whether to laugh, cry or just be impressed by the lengths grown men will go to in order to create cartoons of cutesy schoolgirls showing their knickers.  

• Kichigai birthday!!

Well fuck, at this point, why don't you must moeafy US Presidents,
    Japan, seriously? They'll all look the same anyway, right?
    Lol
  • edited 2011-09-17 17:04:13
    MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    I like how Kant seems to be the club leader/class representative. It's pretty perfect I have to say.
  • edited 2011-09-17 16:50:26
    Altogether, Hegel's conversation was always a kind of monologue, sighed forth by fits and starts in a toneless voice. The baroqueness of her expressions often started me, and I remember many of them. On beautiful starry-skied evening, we two stood next to each other at a window, and I, a young man of twenty-two who had eaten well and had good coffee, enthused about the stars and called them the abode of the bessed. But the master grumbled to herself: "Pomf." For God's sake, I shouted, then is no happy locality up there to reward virtue after death? But he, starring at me with his pale eyes, said cuttingly: "I doubt it Heinrich Heine-Chan" — Saying that, he looked around anxiously, but he immediately seemed reassured when he saw that it was only Heinrich Beer, who had approached to invite him to play whist...
    --claps--
  • Oh yay, Myrmidon's here!
  • :Nietzsche-chan! You can't just skip class like that
    grumble Sorry Kant-Senpai
    Starts dancing to cutesy J-pop
  • When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
    How in the world would they ever be able to duplicate Nietzsche's glorious mustache in stupid animeblob form?
  • Holy crap. That IS a huge mustache!
    Can't be an antinihilist without a good moustache.
  • Myr, stop making me want this to be a show
  • MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    I already want this to be a show. It would be glorious.
    The show's quality would depend completely on how much research the mangaka does, and given the genre...
    you do realize that nobody's expecting a quality product so much as a mockable product, right?