If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Superman

edited 2011-09-09 17:32:18 in Meatspace
That miserable creature who believes that simply because he was born lucky enough to be given the powers of the gods that he can run off and look down on us, all the while pretending to save us.

I see him for what he really is: A glory hound set to keep the human race down by showing us a level to which he thinks we can never rise.

I know better. We, humans, will take him down. We are the superior ones.

And by we, I mean I.

Comments

• I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.
    Just make a gun that shoots kryptonite.
    Or kryptonite bullets and give them to random criminals.

He'll turn up being all super expecting to laugh as the bullets bounce off, then BAM he's dying.
  • When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
    Come on, Bob, you know that won't work.
  • Tried that. He has X-ray vision.

I like your initiative though, young man. How would you like a job at Lexcorp at our metahuman response division?
    ^
    What is the pay like?

(Also how about kryptonite sniper rifle bullets, I mean he most likely wouldn't see it?)
  • Again, clever thinking, but his super-hearing and superspeed means he tends to be able to dodge them.

Pay starts out at a $2000 a month salary with health insurance, dental, and metahuman specific property insurance. I'll have my people fax you.
    ^
    Do £2500 a month and you won't have to pay for healthcare cos you know... NHS and that.

Kryptonite carbomb, organise a meeting for the paper, send a car for all the reporters, boom?
  • Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    Why don't you just try to help more people than Superman ever could? Aren't you smart enough to effortlessly cure cancer?

Or have you tried that already in this 70 odd year long feud?
  • Good sir, you are looking at the very man who cured his own niece of cancer. I doubt most patients could afford the treatment, however.

But don't you see? That's just another way Superman keeps us all back. Instead of focusing to acknowledge the greatness and potential we have, it's all a focus on what we haven't done because we'll always be inferior to that blue spandex-clad man in the sky.
  • edited 2011-09-09 17:54:11
    I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.
    Hmm.
    With your tech could you not genetically alter say the 'common cold' to replicate small amounts of kryptonite, then just let it go.

Ordinary people sneeze he flinches, his body would be weakened so it would be easy for him to contract something that created kryptonite in his very body
    Although you'd need pretty advanced tech.
  • Kryptonite bullets would never work on Superman. What with him being faster than a speeding bullet.
  • To get that level of advanced tech, there's only one person in the galaxy who we could go to.

Brainiac.

Alright gentlemen. First Brainiac. Then Superman.
  • edited 2011-09-09 17:56:41
    I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.
    ^^
    Yeah but in a busy city with I assume there would be some gunshots naturally so he shouldn't pick up the sound and go 'Oh no a kryptonite bullet' and move?

^
    Ok workable tech then....
  • No rainbow star
    Why not coat the bullets with a thin layer of lead? He can't see the Kryptonite, and the layer should shred once it hits him. Shot in rapid succession, the secomd one should pierce (not sure if the first would but the exposure to kryptonite should allow the second one...), allowing for a coup de grace

With normal criminals shooting these, he'd just stand there, expecting the bullets to bounce off