If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBM has gotten boring

edited 2011-08-26 06:43:04 in IJBM meta
no longer cuddly, but still Edmond
Seriously what's the point anymore. "Ooo, we can complain about stuff." Bah. Who has anything to complain about anymore? I could say things about my cat, but that's really banal and besides, she's cute. And I look at the topic list and my reactions are either "been there" or else "someone's complaining about that? Seriously?" A lot of discussions seem just arbitrary, like they're being made just for the sole sake of spawning a discussion. Actually, same kinda goes for TV Tropes too. Lately the only board I regularly haunt anymore is a video game forum with an active marketplace. So I guess what IJBM needs is a buy-sell-trade section, amirite?

Comments

• Maybe this is a sign you don't need IJBM anymore, and that life is full of mysteries waiting for you to unravel them?

Maybe the next best selling novel is just waiting to be written by you?
  • edited 2011-08-26 07:49:52
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    Didn't you make this thread on old IJBM?

>> A lot of discussions seem just arbitrary, like they're being made just for the sole sake of spawning a discussion.

...Isn't discussion kind of the point of starting a discussion?
  • edited 2011-08-26 08:05:16
    Clean your room little Billy

So I guess what IJBM needs is a buy-sell-trade section, amirite?

I have in my possession one Sydney Opera House, as well as a third of The Great Barrier Reef. Anyone interested in purchasing these fine items can send ten million Bitcoins to an intermediary Paypal account. The bidders' details will be recorded, and the winner chosen at random. I regret to say that non-winning bids are unrefundable - but, surely an acceptable risk in the face of such a prize?

• Mr. The Edge goes to Washington
    Bob pretty much posted the same thing. So who snowcloned who?
  • edited 2011-08-26 11:20:47
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    You don't have to make complaining threads.

I have found it more boring lately, but this is mostly because the topics that come up aren't really of much interest to me.  It all depends on the topics.
  • edited 2011-08-26 11:30:57
    no longer cuddly, but still Edmond
    I find I'm bored despite the topics. Seriously I think I even saw a Batman thread lately that I passed over out of sheer who-gives-a-fuck-anymore-itude.

I wasn't aware of Bob's post BTW.

Well, MoeDantesmon, I can understand the feeling of who-gives-a-fuck-anymore. Perhaps all this discussion of trival things is really what is getting you down. What do you want to discuss if anything?

• ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    I only give enough fucks to make a generally unhelpful post in this thread that doesn't aid in helping you in any way, but no more than that.
    At least you tried.
  • You can change. You can.
    Meh, IJBM has always been kinda boring. I hang out here because I like some of the people. --shrug--
  • edited 2011-08-26 18:17:26
    This place has always struck me as different from the previous version.

Don't know why, maybe just the different interface. Admittedly it hasn't interested me much as of late, either
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    There's been a lot of TVT-policy/direction-related topics lately.
  • I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.
    Clearly our threads are lacking sex appeal, we should remedy this.
  • You can change. You can.
    May I suggest lolis?
    No.

OR

Yes, you Paedo.
  • IT'S ONLY ON THE SECOND PAGE YOU LAZY BITCH, GODDAMMIT I HATE YOU SO FRIGGIN MUCH RIGHT NOW AAAAHHHH.

But seriously, it shouldn't be boring right now because I'm not here.

...Wait...

DAMMIT.
    Now there's a thread about erections.  Happier?
    Do we really need a thread about Japanese politics though? /lacism
  • Oh, okay, I see. So you can make a thread about erections, but I can't make a thread about erect nipples or accidentally wearing white in the pouring rain with no bra or writing lesbian fiction. Sexist bastard. >:[
    ...uh, actually, you can.
  • ...I can? o_O

Why didn't you tell me?!
  • no longer cuddly, but still Edmond
    What do you want to discuss if anything?

To be honest, nothing has really "bugged" me lately. I've rediscovered my love of video games and wondered why I spent my formative years playing RPGs instead of shmups (which I've lately found to be the superior genre) but well, that's just petty navel-gazing instead of something topic-worthy.

Lately I'm only interested in topics if I can learn something from them. And by "learn" I mean "is this site a scam?" type topics, or else "does anyone here have this game and if so, would they be willing to trade?" type topics. Just bitching about stuff and talking about whether you like Superman or Bananaman better isn't all that interesting anymore.
  • We have an IJAM section, A liveblog section and a Roleplaying Section

• no longer cuddly, but still Edmond
    Okay, so if I was going to ask anyone if they had a game I'm looking for, which section would it go in?
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    Media.
    Note that, despite the existence of an explicitly IJAM category, you actually DON'T have to bitch in your threads, even if they're in other categories.