If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

I don't get why people find "yandere" characters attractive (MNSFW)

Comments

• They're somethin' else.
    ^^ I too know how hellish they are from experience. No amount of crazy preparedness will save you from whatever shit will hit the fan. Your partner will see to it that she's always one or ten steps ahead of you.

They're not even doing it out of ill will either. They truly do think they're making you happy by sticking a knife in your face.
  • @Malk, it's all to keep you line after all.
  • MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    Well, I do need some gentle nudging in the right direction... the nudge just comes at knifepoint. ^_^
  • One foot in front of the other, every day.
    If you grip a knife blade tightly, it won't actually cut you. You want to prevent it from slipping, so you have to fix both edges in your hand. Then it cannot harm you.

There's your solution to yanderes.
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    But if you screw up even a little bit, you bleed.

A lot.
  • Kind of hard to do that when you're asleep, isn't it? >:P

On that note (since I'm assuming it wouldn't be apropos to make an entirely new thread for this), I never really got the appeal of Tsunderes either. They don't seem all that bad or anything, but they do seem really childish and just a bit annoying.
  • One foot in front of the other, every day.
    A bleeding hand's better than getting cut in the torso.

I had a tsundere girlfriend. That relationship was really horrible.
  • I like my coffee how I like my women: super sweet with lots of...cream. <3

Yeah, most tsunderes are awful. I only have room in my heart for one.
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    Yandere =/= Semi-aggressive, willingly dominant, visually appealing psychopath with cute fangs, nice styling in clothing, and inhuman devotion to their aspect of love and un-native fetishes.

Yandere = Contract under unwilling execution or bodily harm with an unpleasable bitch with xenological reasonings behind her murderous, devastating or violent actions.
  • ^^ That one being?

• Neru's got a heart of gold though I swear~. <3
  • You can change. You can.
    @GMH: Yup. COVERED IN BEES.

you're not arha. 

Anyway, I kinda like the idea of a tsundere (AKA A tough woman who plays hard to get and who you constantly banter with) but in practice? Fuck that. 
    The whole tsundere thing felt cliche to me before it was an anime dream girl archetype. Openly flirtatious girls for me, thanks.
    I like those too. --shrug--
  • He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.
    I've liked tsundere since I was a child. I grew up watching Ranma 1/2 and all.
    I always saw Tsunderes as "Angry indecisive bitch that feels the need to lie to herself for shiggles."
    Their internal reasoning goes something like: "Indecisive bitch that lies to herself because she can't accept that she likes a man she considers a tool."
  • edited 2011-08-26 11:12:37

It's the same reason that women are attracted to JERKS instead of Nice Guys like me, and why I'll never stop being a lonesome Virgin With Rage and find a Boyfriend-Free Girl to make into my Sweetheart From The Ground-Up.

As the immortal bard would have put it.

men are attracted to jerks, mixed up genders here?
  • Actually, that was Chris-chanspeak.

Which, admittedly, is not that different from PUA jargon. And equally realistic.

• Yandere =/= Semi-aggressive, willingly dominant, visually appealing
    psychopath with cute fangs, nice styling in clothing, and inhuman
    devotion to their aspect of love and un-native fetishes.

Yandere =
    Contract under unwilling execution or bodily harm with an unpleasable
    bitch with xenological reasonings behind her murderous, devastating or
    violent actions.

I think that most of the (saner) yandere fans know what they're like in real life. That's why it's a fantasy.
  • I have no interest in a romantic relationship (and no ability to get one now), and I've always found the idea of being in any sort of relationship with a yandere terrifying.

I thought their appeal could be chalked up to the idea of someone who is utterly devoted to you beyond all sanity being sexy
  • and no ability to get one now

BULLSHIT. I CALL BULLSHIT. >:[

Anywho, I think (WARNING: PSEUDO-PSYCHOLOGICAL BULLSHIT AHEAD) yandere characters aren't devoted to the person they "love" so much as they are to the idea of being in love / a relationship. Surely someone devoted to someone else would know not to act like a complete psycho for the sake of the person they love, right?
    Puhretty much. This are people who are happy with the idea of someone loving them and think that they'll love them forever if they maintain their devotion towards them.
    What Iaculus said shouldn't be hard to understand.
  • No one really implied anything to the contrary.
  • I'm in love with being in love :3

So don't leave me or think of leaving me or even present the tinniest bit of evidence that you're leaving me or else I'll stab you in the stomach and sew you back up to force you undo amounts of pain so that you physically can't leave me because I love knowing that I love being in love.
    ^^Some of the comments in this thread made it so that it needed to be stated.

^so hot. =P
  • No, you trying to defend your fantasy made you think it needed to be stated.

But, that's a pretty common mix-up. :3