If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Mario is a mass killer

edited 2011-08-24 14:23:42 in Wonderful posts
No rainbow star
Does it seem like Goombas and Koopas are going after Mario specifically in the first games? No. It seems like they are just walking around, enjoying the sunshine Why death in one hit? If some random guy appeared out of nowhere with bloodlust in his eyes and had you cornered, wouldn't YOU defend yourself? As for later games? He KILLED their friends and family. Of COURSE Goombas will actively chase him! The one Koopa in 64 is just a moron who doesn't recognize a killer when he sees one

Comments

• Mr. The Edge goes to Washington
    Sonic is an eco-terrorist.
  • No rainbow star
    ^^ Well yeah! Robotnik just wants to raise the standard of living! But Sonic keeps stopping him (causing more issues by strewing metal all over the place in his attempt to, "save nature")

/SaidwithoutRobotnikholdingmeatgunpointohgodsomebodysavemeplease
  • But you never had any to begin with.
    Mario kills the sun. That's not a very friendly thing to do.
    Don't fuck with Mario though. He can breath in space!
  • No rainbow star
    ^^ We need the sun to live though! DOES HIS BLOODLUST KNOW NO BOUNDS!?
  • edited 2011-08-24 15:31:30
    Loser
    Saigyouji,
    Mario kills the sun. That's not a very friendly thing to do.

He also helps the sun (well, a different sun) out later, so I guess that kind of evens things out.

Icalasari,

I think you might be right in a certain sense, but judging by the relationship between Koopas, Goombas, and Bowser, they are not totally innocent. Obviously that does not excuse any of Mario's misdeeds. At least he is nice enough to attend funerals from time to time though.

I guess another alternate character interpretation is that he is a homunculus and 1-Up mushrooms are his version of philosopher stones. I think that helps explain how he can come back to life so many times.
  • I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.
  • Think of how many insects you kill while driving.
  • They're somethin' else.
    NO DAD, NO!
  • Abyss_Worm,

• ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    OH MY GOD WHATS WRONG WITH YOUR FAAAACE
  • Hmmm,

You know, maybe this whole back and forth between Mario and Bowser is a way to hold back on a full-scale war.

I mean, think about it, It seems ever-present that neither Kingdom has waged full-out war on the other.

Maybe this whole charade is just a mask to placate the masses.

I wonder what a full-scale war would be like in the Mario universe. Since Donkey Kong exists in the same verse, I wonder who's side the Donkey Kong Country will take or if it will stay neutral.

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    Bowser and Peach: Starstruck lovers caught in a romance forbidden by society.

Mario: Indentured servant sent to do PR control.
    The Mushroom Kingdom seems to have an open imigration policy though. There have been plenty of friendly Goombas, Koopas, and such in the kingdom.
  • Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    I'm still banking on the whole reality show thing with everyone in on it except Mario.
    I like Luigi the best. I did a Luigi cosplay at last year's con. I had a Mario Party with my former friend as Mario (he was short and had a real mustache), Spades as Peach, and my wife as Daisy. My stupid boring former friend refused to run around and jump. I had fun doing it though.
  • Luigi is you favorite as well? :)

Yeah, since they gave him a personality he is the funnier Mario Brother. Also, I love playing as him in Brawl. He's a powerful character if you know how to use him.
  • MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    I always liked Luigi in Luigi's Mansion and the Super Mario RPGs because always seemed like the one who had an actualn survival mechanism.
    Spin-off thread go!