If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

People who claim Adam West's Batman 'ruined' Batman

2»

Comments

• Mr. The Edge goes to Washington

Bale is probably the best Batman in appearance though. I agree with Hatter that his performance was okay, but damn does he look like Bruce Wayne and Batman.

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    Bale's the best live-action Batman there is quite easily, but the previous competition was hardly steep.
    What about Val Kilmer? I remember him being pretty decent, but it was a lot time ago since I saw Batman Forever.
  • edited 2011-08-24 15:18:36
    MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    Val Kilmer, much like Keaton, had the unfortunate fate of being saddled with a terrible script. He at least kind of looked like Bruce Wayne, but again he's just completely wooden in the role.

Man, I just realized before Bale came around the only people who played Bats as not being stiff as a board were Clooney and West...

I can't take a live-action Robin seriously... unless he just started out as Bruce Wayne's young ward, Dick Grayson. But Chris O'Donnell as Robin... no!

Robin shouldn't really be older than sixteen. At that point you get all 'Okay seriously kid. Why aren't you Nightwing yet?'
    It's a bit embrassing for a grown man to be Robin.
  • edited 2011-08-24 15:45:45

^^^^ Yeah, the woodenness is a problem with Batman, probably because of the "serious, dark" image and to contrast with the over-the-top villains. That's one thing you can't accuse West of.

Maybe the only thing you can't accuse him of, but...

• ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    Batgirl is best Batman
  • edited 2011-08-24 16:11:07
    Okay here it goes, in order, from best to worst

BATMAN
    Kevin Conroy
    Adam West
    Christian Bale
    George Clooney
    Michael Keaton
    Val Kilmer

JOKER
    Heath Ledger
    Mark Hamill 
    Caesar Romano
    Jack Nicholson
    Whoever did it in that "The Batman" show

BATGIRL
    Alicia Silverstone
    That chick who voiced Ashley in Mass Effect
    Was she in the Adam West show? I don't know, probably
    Katherine Victor
  • When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
    I think Jack Nicholson is a better Joker than Caesar Romano, but other than that it's a list I agree with.
    I enjoy certain aspects of Jack Nicholson's portrayal, but I don't particularly care for his interpretation of the Joker.
  • no longer cuddly, but still Edmond
    Just a question: Why no love for the 1940s Batman serials? Am I the only person here who has seen (and liked) them?