If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Religion

Comments

• I figured a justice system was just a formal way to dispense justice. I guess in day to day life it can be done informally, but I don't see why the overall goals should change.

So what is righteousness to you and why is it worth pursuing?
  • He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.
    Don't waste your saliva trying to find anything rational in my beliefs, to me righteousness is the will to do what is right. As simple and circular as that, and why is it worth pursuing? Because I believe that ideals are to be upheld, not thrown away.
  • Vandro for some reason you are coming off as strangely cool at this moment in time. Like "Bitch has a sword and is going to save the world through the sheer power of justice loving hotblooded belief" cool.

This has been a message from the resident Buddhist.
  • Yeah, I guess you might be right about the futility of reasoning with someone who is satisfied with knowingly adopting circular logic into their belief system.
  • edited 2011-08-22 14:48:16
    Thump
  • $80+ per session
    SHINING FINGUUUUU

• SCORE ONE FOR MY SIDE.
  • $80+ per session
    -gets on Aon's side- :3
  • You can change. You can.
    AONDOOGIE!
  • $80+ per session
    Also YAY AON'S HERE.
  • edited 2011-08-22 14:54:22
    Thump
  • edited 2011-08-22 14:15:03
    Pony Sleuth
    Rationality isn't cool? Whaaaaat?

It's also silly to believe something because you want it to be true.
  • edited 2011-08-22 14:45:36
    Thump
  • edited 2011-08-22 14:45:45
    Thump
    I can however, explain you what do I do to follow what I believe is "right". I believe that we all have duties to our fellow humans, and this reciprocal duties and obligations that tie us is what is right. Deontological ethics!

I believe in equality, compassion and honesty above all. As a result of the first and second beliefs I am an altruist and a left-winger too. Furthermore, the third belief makes me try to be honest at all personal costs.
  • But rationality does give you super robots. It's called science.
  • edited 2011-08-22 14:45:57
    Thump

• edited 2011-08-22 14:46:31
    Thump
  • edited 2011-08-22 14:46:38
    Thump
  • edited 2011-08-22 14:46:44
    Thump
  • Okay, so it turned into a shitpost thread instead of a drama thread. We're making progress.
    Rationality gives you REAL ROBOTS, not SUPER ROBOTS.
  • edited 2011-08-22 14:25:42
    Well that's good enough. The only people who understand Buddhism are those who admit that they do not understand Buddhism. Or know anything about it.

The truest Dhamma is that you know nothing.

And your Enlightenment is that you will not achieve Enlightenment.

^Yes and real robots are shitty except when in SRW OG.
  • edited 2011-08-22 14:46:56
    Thump
  • Aon: Huh. That makes a very odd kind of sense. Like quantum mechanics.
  • So this is an art > science thing?
  • Maybe, I dunno.
  • edited 2011-08-22 14:47:04
    Thump
  • edited 2011-08-22 14:54:55
    1e. Generally, wonderposting (a.k.a. shitposting) is allowed but discouraged.