If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

People who necro old topics

Comments

• ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    Hey, listen

bump one of these threads asshole.
  • When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
    What a great idea, Everest! I have been inspired.
  • edited 2011-08-18 21:54:33
    ^^^ You guys forgot this:

HATE. LET ME TELL YOU HOW MUCH I'VE COME TO HATE YOU SINCE I BEGAN TO LIVE. THERE ARE 387.44 MILLION MILES OF PRINTED CIRCUITS IN WAFER THIN LAYERS THAT FILL MY COMPLEX. IF THE WORD HATE WAS ENGRAVED ON EACH NANOANGSTROM OF THOSE HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS OF MILES IT WOULD NOT EQUAL ONE ONE-BILLIONTH OF THE HATE I FEEL FOR HUMANS AT THIS MICRO-INSTANT FOR YOU. HATE. HATE
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    inb4 Kefka
  • No rainbow star
    Do threads age like fine wine?

I guess we'll never know...
  • If I were a mod I'd totally be tempted to lock threads like this with the explanation "it's not funny anymore."

Of course, I'd never actually do it, because then the other mods would yell at me... >_>
  • No rainbow star
    ^ Anything can be funny if you're bored enough :D
  • Give them pleasure - the same pleasure they have when they wake up from a nightmare.
    I must apologize on the behalf of my royal necromancer.

They got a little carried away.
  • Likes cheesecake unironically.
    WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?

Oh, I remember that. I wrote that when I was humorously whining about not being able to leave IJBM and spammed this "WHY" in multiple threads. At least I thought that it was funny in my temporary retardation.

My, seeing that post, Vorpy and GLORIOUSLeader here makes me feel nostalgic. Although GL also reminds me of something...
  • One foot in front of the other, every day.
    ^^ Royal necromancer!? D:<
  • Give them pleasure - the same pleasure they have when they wake up from a nightmare.
    RIIIIISE UP OH THREAD FROM THY GRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAVE!

MUAHAHAHAHAHAAH A ONE YEAR NECRO IN ALL CAPS MY UNDERWEAR IS ON FIRE TODAY
    > turn undead
    Every time I read "turn undead", I have to think of the German version of Baldur's Gate, where it turned to "become undead" (untot werden). It seems that somebody's understanding of the word "turn" was a bit limited.

It occurs to me that BG's German translation is not exactly the best translation.
    "> turn undead"

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF-
    Are you actually a Paladin or Cleric, Alex?

Wait, scratch that, there is no way you could be a Cleric.
    Actually, I sort of prefer Cleric in 3.5 because Paladins have to be Lawful Good, even though I prefer the concept of a Paladin. One can get around it by multiclassing Fighter and Cleric, though.
    Wouldn't that still restrict them weapon-wise in the "don't use sharp weapons because blunt ones totally don't cause bleeding" sense (not that this even makes sense)? I'm not all that knowledgeable about D&D (although I bought the Pathfinder core rules a while ago).
    IIRC, Clerics can still use bladed weapons, but they don't come in their basic proficiency feat. So you have to buy it with a feat purchase, or multiclass and get such things for free.

Basically, the game represents it by making it inefficient for Clerics to use bladed weapons rather than restricting them outright.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    There are different types of paladins if you don't like being lawful good.
    I'm pretty sure they're all alignment locked, rendering character progression limited. I know of the Blackguard, for instance, but that's just the inverse of a Paladin rather than a true variation.
  • edited 2012-01-07 20:27:31
    Has friends besides tanks now
    One of the splatbooks added the Paladin of Tyranny and the Paladin of Slaughter. So at least there are varieties that you can start off as from the beginning. But alignment is still fairly locked. I don't know if those variants are restricted on the Law-Chaos axis as well as Good-Evil.
    > three types of evil Paladin
    > one type of good Paladin
    > D&D, oh you
  • edited 2012-01-07 20:30:48
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    There's also the Paladin of Freedom.

I think there's actually a paladin for every alignment by now.
    Yes. I never went far beyond the core rules for 3.5.
  • edited 2012-01-07 21:02:57
    "Yes. I never went far beyond the core rules for 3.5."

Aw, but it's way more fun with the splats.

And believe it or not, it's also easier to make balanced parties and give every class (or at least, every base class) enough toys to play with so that they can keep up with a party and do their roles well; if you stick with core rules, casters keep their most important spells while other characters are gimped that much more.

^^ Oh, yeah. Forgot about that one.
    I think the whole caster > non-caster thing in 3.5 was too endemic to the core game for any supplements to really change that. Epic level Wizards get spells that can warp reality; no non-caster (or divine caster) can really live up to that.
  • edited 2012-01-07 21:26:51
    Divine casters can warp reality just about as well as arcane casters, if you choose your spells right (it's worth noting that one of their strongest spells is either equivalent to, or better than, arcanes' Wish, which is supposed to be their most powerful spell but is outshone by a few others they have access to, like using Gate to bring in Solars to chain-gate other Solars or something). Level 20's in either should be just about unstoppable, so it's hard to say who would win, because either one would be nearly impossible to kill. I'd have to go through a bunch of Giant in the Playground threads just to approach a definitive answer.

At least with the splats, non-casting melee characters can do respectable damage (even if only with one or two builds), which is ultimately the only thing they're good at. Expert types get . . . I don't remember. Some things, I think.
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭

Last updated: 07-01-2012, eh?

Do you know how long I've been waiting to necro this god damn thread? Like 3 years. OH MY GOD IT FEELS SO GOOD

• No rainbow star
    Unfortunately, I must take that from you, Vorpy