If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Megathreads

edited 2011-08-14 12:57:50 in Webspace
I can't keep up with them. Thread hopping to the last post means you'll be out of the loop and thread hopping to the last few posts/pages means you'll spend some of your time figuring out how a conversation is going. And even when I do keep up with them, it feels like a waste of time (being a routine of sorts).

Comments

• You can change. You can.
    I dunno why people feel the need to go and "keep up with a megathread"

I mean, just read the last few posts and enter the conversation. It's like a chatroom in thread form.
  • Stormtroper,

I mostly agree, especially about the whole spending your time trying to figure out what is going on thing. Still, I think that compared to Yack Fest megathreads and megathreads on other sites, IJBM II's are fairly easily to get back into after you leave for a little bit. I feel like Yack Fest megathreads tend to not have the same kind of conversations since they involve a lot more people and shift topics far more frequently. As a result, I think that each individual post receives far less attention and the threads themselves tend to flow in a somewhat disjointed manner.

I guess your mileage may vary there though.

• ^^^ Then I'll be reading posts without knowing their context only because they themselves serve as context for the current conversation, not because I'll enjoy reading them (which I won't if I don't know their context).

^ Agree with you there.