If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Farmville, Mafia Wars, other Facebook games

edited 2011-08-06 21:14:35 in General
Thane of rum-guzzling and necromancy

I hate being reminded that the likes of Farmville, Mafia Wars, social networking "games" exist and that so many people play them without even touching a proper game.

/bitter HATE

Comments

• Casual games are as much games as hardcore fpses and puzzle games and other such genre of games.

I remember back when I played the first Loz for an hour, have a lot of fun with it, and then do other activities in the day.

So answer me, why the hate? because they're not games you like?

Tough
  • Thane of rum-guzzling and necromancy

It's the vibe I get from them, of course they're technically games but I don't like that they are far more popular than more stimulating games. They are a form of psychological manipulation and instant ego-stroking, and that's what I don't like about social games in general, people are rewarded for exploiting others.

To be fair I wouldn't mind so much if they weren't so popular, it's just unwarranted. There are lots of better quality games and if it wasn't for Facebook, they would be very mediocre.

• Also, they're a personal security nightmare.
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    I have 150 Golden Cows on Farmville. Want to trade for some Sailor's Chicken?
  • MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    I don't like that Transformers 3 did better at the box office than Black Swan. What'cha gonna do?
    That's because Black Swan wasn't Juno.
  • In total agreement with OP.
    Don't forget....

They are on Facebook. I really doubt that they will have the free time to go onto a console and play games. Which is why they have games on Facebook. So you never have to leave Facebook to play games.
  • >So you never have to leave Facebook

NeverleaveFacebook, NeverleaveFacebook, NeverleaveFacebook, NeverleaveFacebook, NeverleaveFacebook...
  • I take so much fucking offense to this thread. >:V
    Yes, Bob. Black Swan is unpopular, I have more cows than you, Facebook eats your soul and evilneko has a Facebook.
  • edited 2011-08-07 02:50:06