If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

It is illegal to hunt lesser beings without a license in Michigan

edited 2011-08-06 16:48:38 in Wonderful posts
~♥YES♥~! I *AM* a ~♥cupcake♥~! ^_^
This is ridiculous. They're an invasive species, why isn't the government paying out a bounty for these things and trying to eradicate them?

Comments

• It's Illegal to hunt ponies without a license in Michigan.

• ponies are wretched disgusting creatures.
  • Kichigai birthday!!
    The only thing ponies do well is shit, since they aren't viable as a monture
  • ~♥YES♥~! I *AM* a ~♥cupcake♥~! ^_^
    I AM THE PONIES.

As soon as I get a license, you guys are going down!

• Glaives are better.
    So I can't go hunting Polish college students while I wear a mask of supple baby skin?
  • ^ Just remember to get your license first.
  • Glaives are better.

Oh. Right.

Do they accept submissions in manuscript form? It's a bitch to type on woman flesh.

• ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    I am not old enough to buy alcohol. but I AM old enough to buy a gun.
  • Glaives are better.
    I know this pain.
    ^^Given that alcohol doesn't mix with such things, I'd say that this is a good thing...
    I could kill people with firearms before I kill them drunk driving?
  • MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    ^^You can still kill them with cars.
  • Glaives are better.
    Or with bladed weapons. We get those too.
  • edited 2011-08-07 01:42:12
    A thoroughly wasted teen has a fantastic supply of ways to kill people, some more creative than others. Owning a gun does not, however, cause you to suddenly lose all sound judgment. Of course, a person with a gun can be drunk with power...

As it is, alcohol causes way more destruction than guns, discounting war zones.

The goal of a lawmaker is to look at the general population and decide what they should do to reduce a given problem. Dead people is one such problem. Given the nature of alcohol related deaths opposed to those related to firearms, it is a reasonable decision to prevent young people from boozing it up, and also a defensible decision to allow younger people to buy guns.

Buuuut whatever. Given that I am preaching to precisely the same people as whom I am saying shouldn't have alcohol, I won't get much respect, will I? My time would be much better spent speaking to an old guy.

And watch in amazement as a wonder thread is derailed into a serious one that has absolutely nothing to do with the original topic. I love IJBM.
    As it is, alcohol causes way more destruction than guns

I don't think we used alcohol to kill people in wars.
    We should totally end wars with drinking contests. Since they disallow alcohol, a lot of middle eastern countries won't stand a chance.
  • edited 2011-08-07 01:58:42
    And that's why getting teens to agree that they shouldn't have something is a futile cause.

Ergh, I'm only 18, so why the hell do I feel like I'm fifty???

I'm 23, dude.

Here's a thought. Maybe we should teach people to drink responsibly at a young age and then they won't abuse it when they're older.
    By that logic Kavia, wouldn't the Scots and the Mexicans conquer the entire world?
    Really? You always seemed more like 17 or so.

That said, I stated "discounting war zones". You can't possibly believe that guns cause more trouble in day to day life than alcohol. Seriously. Bring some statistic... no, some form of *evidence* that guns cause more trouble. And gangsters killing each other? The hell with them, they can paint the floor all they want; I'm more worried about a drunk 17 year old and his friends ramming the side of my van and killing my sister.

Teaching teens to be responsible? We already try, to little avail, unless you  are suggesting that we deliberately give kids alcohol in school in order to teach them, which I find to be a terrible idea. Further, it's an issue of character. Teens have limited experience, are known for doing stupid things, can drive, and often hang out with friends who make stupid things sound smart.

Like hell education is going to work.

• edited 2011-08-07 02:38:11
    MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    And gangsters killing each other? The hell with them, they can paint the floor all they want

Racism and classism in one sentence! Congratulations! Guess what: It's not just gangsters caught in gang fire. Poor people get caught in the crossfire all the time, as do good, hardworking cops. It could also be your sister after accidentally walking down the wrong street at the wrong time.

Teaching teens to be responsible? We already try,

No, we tell them these things are eeeeevil, thus making them more tantalizing. The fact is that our school system hypocritically talk about how evil these activities are while adults like myself partake in them regularly.  You think that isn't a mixed message? The fact is that I've been drinking and smoking since fifteen. I've never done anything to hurt another human being while inebriated in my life. You know why? Because my father taught me about alcohol and showed that the drink itself wasn't bad if used responsibly.

Quite frankly, this idea of teens being so much more stupid is dumb. Teens are dumb, yes, but guess what. Adults are dumb too. If we're going to outlaw to teenagers because it might make them do stupid things, you might as well do it to everyone.

Also it's really convenient to move the goal posts by discounting the place where firearms visibly do a good deal of their damage.
    Adults are dumb too, of course, but the given social order has teens leading lives that are different from adults. Adults with alcohol can drive drunk and all that jazz, but it is waaaaaaaaay more likely for teens. I'm not saying "yeah, teens are stupid, lol", but the fact remains that young people + alcohol = biiig problem, when adults + alcohol = problem.

It's not an outright ban or moral outrage that I suggest, I simply state that it is far too dangerous to allow teens to get drunk. Even with the case of an 18 year old, they are still busy getting their head around life. With so much pressure, and so many changes to way of life, it's just not good to throw in alcohol.
    My suggestion isn't 'let kids have alcohol and let them run wild'. My suggestion is 'let kids have alcohol UNDER PROPER SUPERVISION' so they gain a respect for it. This wouldn't mean teens have free reign of beer. It means that they can have a couple beers while watching football with their dad. The fact is that placing an arbitrary restriction over it makes it seem 'more adult' and this results in a heavy misuse of it even into the adult age.
    That would be more reasonable; in fact, I have never heard it suggested. Still, I am rather against it.
    ^You've really never heard this suggested? A good deal of European countries have no age restriction if parental supervision is included.
  • a little muffled
    So do several Canadian provinces.

And, according to Wikipedia, some American states.
  • edited 2011-08-07 04:25:26

Gangsters is a race?

• edited 2011-08-07 04:27:59
    Now I wanna see Captain Hero hunt human prey: