If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

I'm a Principles Zealot

edited 2011-08-05 08:47:17 in General
I'm a radical, I'm an anarchist (ideally) a classical liberal (until the former can be reached). I'm a laissez-faire agorist. I'm an extremist, I refuse to compromise and I see absolutely nothing wrong with all that.

Comments

• I'm a damn twisted person
    I refuse to compromise and I see absolutely nothing wrong with all that.

Good luck interacting with other people then chummer.
  • MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    Oh hai Rorschach. Tell me how that ends for you.
  • kind of an inspiration actually. willing to sacrifice everything including his life for what he believed in.
    Somewhere Alan Moore is facepalming.
  • I'm not missing the point i'm saying it had a different impact on me.
  • You're not Rorschach until you've butchered two dogs and burned a man's house to the ground with him in it, I say.
  • does it have to be two exactly? or is it a greater then or equal to scenario? What about fractions?
    How do you fractionally kill something?
  • i'm pretty sure you can detatch limbs while still leaving the brain active3.
  • Hrm... maybe start slow, take a job as a canine hairdresser? Sooner or later, you should have cut enough bits off to qualify for the two-dog mark.
    That's just amputation (well probably closer to mutilation in this context). Contrary to The Princess Bride, alive and dead are pretty binary. You don't 1/2 kill somebody, you just hurt them a lot.

See now you're just being intentionally dense.
  • edited 2011-08-05 20:21:30
    Loser
    Tnu1138,
    I'm a radical, I'm an anarchist (ideally) a classical liberal (until the former can be reached). I'm a laissez-faire agorist. I'm an extremist, I refuse to compromise and I see absolutely nothing wrong with all that.

Well, I think one of the biggest problems with refusing to compromise at all is that when you are with people who disagree with you, you can ultimately be paralyzed by your own principles. Rather than sacrificing everything for your principles, you may not be able to even inch closer to your ideals at all, since you are unable to take baby steps in that direction. Basically, seeing everything as all or nothing can mean that you will not be able to play a part in much effective change. At least, I think that can be the case.

I suppose that paralysis can sometimes be a good thing though, especially if it stops you from doing something like using violence to reach certain goals or harming other people to enact justice. Still, I obviously cannot claim I am an expert on that stuff.

• This one  tends to be the same sometimes. Unfortunately, this  one cannot claim to  be acting according to her principles all the time, but principles themselves are rather unbending. And quite a lot of things are important for this one purely for the sake of principle, not  practicality.

However, this one  is aware thatt other people  might  not share  her ideas, and it does not make  them invalid. It  is quite  interesting to discuss, actually.