If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Tommy Westphall

edited 2011-07-29 12:58:18 in Media
He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.
I am bothered , simply because I just found out about a meta-fiction hypothesis that's been going on longer than my age!

Comments

• You can change. You can.
    wait, what is this and what does it mean
  • He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.
    Oh.

It's that autistic kid ending thingy.

Ugh
    Mind expanding on that thought?
    Basically, it seems so dumb to end a soap opera with the implication that it all happened inside an autistic kid's head. 

Not only that, but it was done for the sake of being different, rather than expanding on the settings and the characters.

Of course, it also allows for jokes about the writers being mental patients, so I'm ok with it. :D
    Even so, the intent is not always what is understood by the audience. I find it pretty interesting that this thing can be traced back up until I Love Lucy.
  • Why would an extremely autistic kid dream up a ton of indepth interpersonal relationships? Wouldn't he imagine...whatever interests him?
    Maybe his interest is, you know... indepth interpersonal relationships

...of course, that'd be implying that St. Elsewhere had those. :p

Even so, the intent is not always what is understood by the audience. I find it pretty interesting that this thing can be traced back up until I Love Lucy.

Wait, what, seriously?
    Look it up, there are fucking essays about how a lot of series, by way of crossovers, are connected. And the base of it all is the Homicide: Life on the street/St. Elsewere canon.
  • There's a nice map out there somewhere. The book I'm working on now, The Complete Map To The Omniverse, is a bit like the Westphall idea but Up To Eleven.