If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

I've been google banned from tvtropes

Comments

• ~♥YES♥~! I *AM* a ~♥cupcake♥~! ^_^
    @longfellow: (crossposting this)

I've asked Eddie, and:

You can talk about this place, and put a link to it in your sig.

You just shouldn't make a thread, as that could cause drama.
  • Especially by the sky people.
  • ^^^No.

Also, snowbull, Eddie cut-and-locked your userpage. Don't know why.
  • Holy shit.

He really wanted to kill Snowbull off of the site.
  • That's the equivalent of slitting somebody's throat then burning the corpse in front of everyone.
  • No cut reason given either. Does this go in the Permanent Red Link Club?
  • edited 2011-01-11 09:01:19
    Cue-bey
    Haha, wow. I mean, I guess I could sorta understand why Eddie could've seen what I was saying as aggressive, and banned me preemptively because he wants to nip IJBM drama in the bud, but this is just hilariously excessive.

Man, some trolls wish they could get people this angry, and I didn't even try.
  • Man, snowbull, I am so tempted to add your page to the list at Permanent Red Link Club. Under Miscellaneous, no expanations (because I don't know the real reason). Bobby, will that result in me getting banned?
  • Because you never know what you might see.
    I strongly doubt you'd be banned for that, arks.  But then, I wouldn't have expected Snowbull to get banned, either.
  • edited 2011-01-11 13:08:08
    Other than KHSAS, I still have no idea what the hell he even did to get on Eddie's bad side, much less a specific offense to get Google banned.
  • Fast Eddie's been a pretty shit mod lately. I don't remember things ever being this bad in the year I've posted there.
  • I kind of wish we could ask Khwarizmi*/Bobby what's up with Fast Eddie recently.

*I know who he's named after and I still have trouble spelling it ._.
  • Kichigai birthday!!
    I'm going to call him Bobby just because how unwritable his name here is.
  • ~♥YES♥~! I *AM* a ~♥cupcake♥~! ^_^
    Whenever I see him on here I subconsciously replace his avatar with Doctor Who and his name with Bobby G.

Why am I compelled to do this?
  • I don't, because the Mandelbrot Set is awesome.
  • yea i make potions if ya know what i mean
    I honestly don't like the way Eddie's been acting lately.

It's the reason I haven't been posting as much. I'm hoping Jan comes back soon, but it doesn't seem likely.
  • Janitor was even worse from what I've heard.
  • yea i make potions if ya know what i mean
    Not from what little I remember.
  • How so, Gelzo?
  • I just heard that whenever she did come back, it was to ban random people. It might have been someone else, though.
  • I've been editting the wiki lately.
  • I don't want the site to become so restrictive people are afraid of what they post, but at the same time I don't want the site to succumb to bullshit drama that has plagued so many other sites.
  • Mmno. Did she ban people? Yes. Was that all she ever did? No.
  • I liked Janitor.
  • I only ever knew Janitor in the context of crackpot "she deleted KHSAS" theories.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Janitor is a chemist in Switzerland, who is from the same bunch of MIT alum buddies as Fast Eddie and Gus, I think.  She rarely comes online, though, and usually it is to take over the reins when Eddie isn't available.
  • edited 2011-01-12 22:25:41
    There are two things I remember Janitor for.

The first is renaming Jonas Quinn to Suspiciously Similar Substitute, despite a complete lack of consensus, because she didn't want it being cited as precedent in rename discussions. It's interesting, because today that seems like a typical Eddie move, but IIRC Eddie had actually been sticking with the "we need consensus to change it" position up to that point. (And, FWIW, I didn't mind the change, mostly because I agreed with it.)

The second is a bit from a discussion page, that I only learned about after the fact from Made of Win, in which an argumentative user told her to "get your own website, then!" To which Janitor responded, "Actually, this is my website. Bye." But--and this is important--she didn't ban him right then, and instead continued to try to talk some sense into him.

Oh, and Janitor was also responsible for the Sorry, I skipped some posts filter, I think. (That filter's gone now, BTW.)
  • edited 2011-01-12 22:44:22
    "(That filter's gone now, BTW.)"

Much to the jubilation of myself.

(how do you "quote" people here again)
  • ¯\(o_0)/¯

Probably the way you just did.

• edited 2011-01-12 22:48:31
    The quick brown fox blah blah blah

makes
    The quick brown fox blah blah blah