If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Why do people like raocow's Let's Plays so much?

edited 2011-07-23 10:01:14 in Webspace
Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
So I finally paid more attention to the usernames of Let's Players, and noticed that one of the LPers who just ramble on and on is...raocow, that person that people seem to keep on praising.

Why do people enjoy his videos so much?

Comments

• ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    Because he sounds like ray romano.
  • Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    Because he's actually good at the games he plays, that puts him head and shoulders over most Youtube let's players.

That and his rambling commentary (or anything he says) is hilarious with his accent.
  • edited 2011-07-23 11:21:23
    Well I don't particularly like (or dislike) the accent, but I really don't like the rambling.

As for LPing with skill...you have a point, I guess.  But I guess I just don't really watch many LPs so I've been less expose to bad LPers.  And I usually just find a different video when I (generally very quickly) become annoyed at an LPer.
  • edited 2011-07-23 11:51:36
    Loser
    Raocow is Kate's spear counterpart (both Canadian, both probably French-Canadian, artists, similar personality) so I guess that adds to his popularity too. I cannot say I care for the fact that he is a daydream believer, but I suppose some people are into that kind of thing.
  • They're somethin' else.
    He's hilarious. google him and Black Plague.
  • Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    Who's this Kate character?
  • edited 2011-07-23 14:48:24
    A character from the manga/anime Sketchbook, I think.
  • Bunny Must Die.

• When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
    Because people have different opinions.

SPOILER ALERT
  • edited 2011-07-23 16:52:08
    Because people have different opinions.

You can say that about every single thread on this site the internet.  But you shouldn't, because having different opinions does not make discussion pointless.  In fact, it's the only reason you can have interesting discussions in the first place.
  • What's not to like though?
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    ...he did BMD?

Well, I'll show you the actual best BMD LP on YT:

I sub'd NakaTeleeli for that series of videos.  He did a great job of showing the game and it's many features, and he also did a 100% run, which I like.  That said, my subbing people on YT doesn't mean much since I don't ever check my YT home page.
  • BeeBee
    edited 2011-07-23 20:55:35
    I gotta say though, Raocow one-upped him big time fighting Chelsea.  Watching Naka's video you'd think it was utterly impossible to beat without cheesing a turtle strategy for 20 minutes, but it turns out you can just knife through half of her attacks head-on.
  • edited 2011-07-23 21:09:34
    Hunh, didn't know that.

Then again, I watched an LP of BMD in order to get to experience the game without the trouble of playing it.

I was much more interested in the soundtrack, backstory, and level and boss design than I was in actually beating the thing.
  • Raocow himself admits he's a niche Lper, and that if you don't like him, not to watch him, to answer your original question, he offers a brand of humor through his rambling that's actually quite funny to some.

He usually talks about the game a lot more than he does in his BMD run, try Spelunky for an indepth look at the game.
    Fair enough.

Also, I haven't seen his BMD run or Spelunky run.  Generally speaking I don't watch LPs of games I've played, but maybe I'll check that out since it's a game I know to be very short.
  • Trust me, I've played BMD and watched his series of it.

Lol, you might as well consider it trolling XD

When you find all the secrets on your own.