If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Homosexuality is controversial.

edited 2011-07-22 23:47:56 in General
I don't get this so apparently it needs to be censored becuase kids can't handle love between anything but a man and a woman? Will their little brains overload? What am I missing?  i'm getting sick of this heteronormative bullshit. I'm getting sick of the Straight Agenda.

Comments

• ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    It's because monosexuals are retarded. If everyone was bisexual this "straight is good gay is bad" problem would be very hard to invoke.
  • pansexuality > bisexuality.
    pansexuality is a fucking joke, and only jaded virgins are pansexuals.
  • How is it a joke? why limit yourself by havin to match sex and gender?
    Because there is only female and male, and I refuse to play this retarded mix-and-match game with people who have spy genders and alt-genders.
  • so i'm confused would that mean you wouldn't date someone that lacked a consistent gender?
  • I'm a damn twisted person
    The chances of meeting somebody who legitimately has a gender that is inconsistent and has a body you're attracted to and gives a shit about you are pretty low that you don't really need a special clause in your sexuality for it.
  • ^ billions of humans man, even if it's a 1 percent chance, that's still in the millions
  • Vorpy's just jaded about the whole gender thing from her time spent on TV Tropes. As am I.
  • You can change. You can.
    Meh, people are people, they identify as whatever the fuck they want.

What's the big deal with that?
  • One foot in front of the other, every day.
    What Juan said. 
  • They're somethin' else.
  • You can change. You can.
  • Love the color of his jeans there.
  • ~♥YES♥~! I *AM* a ~♥cupcake♥~! ^_^
    It remains controversial due to the fact that the primary reason for controversy is rule based rather than cultural. Normally, discrimination of whatever flavor is worn away with each generation, but not so in the case of a simple "don't do X".
  • ^ That's an odd of making a statement, would you mind clarifying?
    As an example, profanity is used by a latter generation, as they see it as less profane, whereas an older generation will see it as more so. Each generation will be more comfortable with a given thing. However, if there is a rule (religious in this case) that says "don't do that", then it will ALWAYS be controversial, rather than slowly becoming commonplace. As an added note, it isn't just Christianity that has the no homosexuality rule; other religions have it as well, so it may be a fairly long time before the controversy actually dies away.

There will have to be such a great deal of pressure that the only Christians still following the thing will either be very silent and dodgy about it, or flaming blooded fellows who may or may not be as controversial as even the WBC.

• Homosexuality is despised for more reasons than just religious ones TMA.
    Perhaps so, but it is the biggest reason. If it were just "ew", then it wouldn't really be an issue anymore, but instead there are a couple of verses in one of the most commonly practiced religions in America. When it's your *religion* that is on the table, then you can expect a lot of difficulty.