If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

That TheConductor does not type like 'Filth' is written.

edited 2011-07-22 17:52:21 in IJBM meta
I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.
I really wish he would!
(Eg. Yir ken, hoors chuff, etc etc)

For those that don't know:

The plot centres on Bruce Robertson, a Scottish police officer. He is a sex-obsessed, misanthropic man driven by his intense hatred. He is a cocaine addict with a penchant for "the games" — Bruce's euphemism for the myriad foul plots he hatches directed at workmates — and sexual abuse of the women in his life.

Comments

• I did, for a little while. Type in my first language known as "Scots". This was back when Chagen kept on using random German phrases. More so than he does now.

Any way, it ended in an argument about what constituted as language and I got bored.
  • I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.
    You should do it again! 
    Especially using hoor's chuff.

(Also Filth a modern accurate depiction of modern scotland? :D) trollface.jpg
  • Haven't read it, but if it's anything like Welsh's "Trainspotting" then...Yes.
  • Actually, the plot of that novel sounds like my life...
    Do you regularly claw your eczema'd arse with bacon fatty fingers and then fuck hoors?
    Also tapeworms?

• Aye. Every day min. Every fucken day. I swear doon deed, a cannae move withoot a space raider fawn oot fae eh rolls eh fat aw oor ma boady.

:D

• edited 2011-07-22 18:06:04
    [tɕagɛn]
    "Aye. Every day min. Every fucken day. I swear doon deed, a cannae move withoot a space raider fawn oot fae eh rolls eh fat aw oor ma boady.
    "

How the hell do you even understand this
    'Yes, ever day man. Every fucking day, I swear down dead, I can't move without a type of crisp (space raider) falling out the fat rolls on my body.'
  • My American accent is took weak compared to the UK's myriad of accents!

Never mind that the classic American accent was probably a british accent at one time
  • edited 2011-07-22 18:09:09
    Well, ma copper, a understund it cause it's ma language. Awcunt roond me speaks like this, I even had a few text books up north that were writin like this. Course, ma skale books jamp aboot fae Scots, English and Gaelic so...aye.

It's really a stupid question when you think oor it, eh Chaggy?

-Applauds Ian-
    You had text books written in Scots Eng :o
    That is amazing.
  • Ah say books, there wis only the wan. Most were in either Gaelic or English. A wish a still stiyed up the Highlands, a imagine a'd remember most eh they Gaelic a learned!
  • This is surpsingly easy to read.
  • edited 2011-07-22 18:28:33
    Ah well that is still amazing!
    It's good that gaelic was(is still?) taught along side English in Scotland.

(Also the joy from reading the ScotsEng, so much joy. :D)

Translate the post where TheConductor posts the -applauds Ian- bit at the bottom, as you were complaining about how hard it was a second ago and that is a more complex post than his most recent one.
  • It's naw too common if am honest. It's only really taught in Highland skales wur the language is still spoken.
    ^
    Oh :/
    That is a shame then, not only a heritage language but learning dual languages is helpful to educational development.
  • A ken, it's a rare shame, but what yeh gonny dae? It's the same wae Welsh.
  • "Translate the post where TheConductor posts the -applauds Ian- bit at the bottom, as you were complaining about how hard it was a second ago and that is a more complex post than his most recent one."

I can get pretty much every part except the slang.
  • edited 2011-07-22 18:36:33
    All I can think of is make it compulsory for schools in countries with 'heritage' languages.

While I'd be at that I'd make sure that English schools picked a language to dual teach, as really meeting people from Europe is shaming with their great grasp of English from schools due to being taught in their native tongue and English during their school years.

^
    Which slang?
  • "While I'd be at that I'd make sure that English schools picked a language to dual teach, as really meeting people from Europe is shaming with their great grasp of English from schools due to being taught in their native tongue and English during their school years."

Are you talking about just Britian?

Because this needs to be implemented everywhere. Including America. We should be teaching kids languages soon after they start school.
  • It's no slang, Chagen. It's just cause eh the wie Scots an English came aboot, that weh share many/most wurds.

And aye, Ian, I agree 100%
  • edited 2011-07-22 18:39:54
    ^^
    Well in my language teaching scenario I'd be UK ruler so only UK.

However I agree that it realyl should be in all English speaking country's schools.
  • Oh, so they're loanwords.
  • Kind eh...kind eh. Mare like... parallel evolution.

Ian: If yeh become ruler eh the UK, can yeh gimmie Scotland? I hae some ideas on how tae better improve relations amongst the UK nations.
    ^
    Ok :D

What are your ideas out of interest?
  • Well, it's largely a semantics thing. I reckon if we divided the British Crown into five (Scotland, England, Wales, N.Ireland and Cornwall), then have the people of each Kingdom vote on if they want to be independent. The resulting nations would stay united as the United Kingdoms, but still retain their own culture and independence at the same time. We can even invite the Commonwealth countries to join.

What I imagine will happen is we'll have N.Ireland and England staying as Britain, along with MAYBE Wales, while Scotland keeps its crown separate.