If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Suicide threads

edited 2011-07-20 23:24:56 in General
Mexican fag
So, let's say you have the urge to commit suicide. As in you really want to do it, not the "BAWW PITY ME" kind of suicide. Question is, why would you make a thread about it before you do the deed?

Comments

• A cry for help is a cry for help?
  • One foot in front of the other, every day.
    not the "BAWW PITY ME" kind of suicide.

For context's sake, most suicidal acts are exactly that and very very extremely serious. Not many people really, honest-to-goodness want to die, so suicide is an inherently communicative act. 
  • edited 2011-07-20 23:30:44
    ʍɥɐʇ po ʎon ɔɐll ɐ ɾoʞǝ ʍıʇɥonʇ ɐ dnuɔɥlıuǝ
    Yes, but there does seem to be a "over the top, it's painfully obvious you're not really going to do it, you're just trying to milk us for pity" line.
  • One foot in front of the other, every day.
    Going through with it or not is beside the point.
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    As in you really want to do it, not the "BAWW PITY ME" kind of suicide.

I don't even get the difference, don't you mean really threatening suicide vs. feigning suicide?

And some people actually need help from other people to find reasons to be lulled out of killing themselves, just like how hostage takers need to be convinced/negotiated with to release their hostages.

Sometimes when you are depressed you can't find the silver lining because the amount of shit you are going through is so immense it's hard to focus on something else.
  • ^ Yeah, I meant that.

I'm sorry, it's the middle of the night and I can't think straight
  • Doesn't matter whether it's pityfishing or not, procedure is pretty much the same: don't feel responsibly or guilty if it's one of the cases where the person does follow through, and try to find out who the person is IRL and contact emergency services/someone they know in order to intervene. It be suprising how quick the pityfishers stop once they find out their emotional manipulation has meatspace consequences. Plus, if it is a rare serious case, you might've prevented a legitimate an-hero.
  • Mr. The Edge goes to Washington

I've had encounters with suicide. An ex-girlfriend had a cry for help suicide attempt in my college dorm shower. It was emotionally distressing to shower in there after I got back from the hospital. Luckily it was cleaned out already. Recently, a friend had another friend that I don't know commit suicide by overdosing on helium. His friend left a note and had her accounts in order before she died. No one saw it coming.

Basically, if someone really really wants to kill themselves, you probably won't know it.

• Quit being a whiny bitch and man up.
    @OP: The usual "I'm gonna off myself....waaaah." thread? Bores me to tears, last I checked, nobody has gone through and done it; just the usual faggotry.

^Nice answer to the question.

/Sarcasm

• Some people are indeed looking for sympathy, and it's not always a bad thing.
  • edited 2011-07-21 14:41:44
    Quit being a whiny bitch and man up.
    ^^Nice of you to give a fuck.

@OP: Attention
  • edited 2011-07-21 14:46:51
    Mr. The Edge goes to Washington
    ^Just thought your reply to Noir makes no sense whatsoever. It's like you skimmed the post.
  • Quit being a whiny bitch and man up.
    ^Rectified that.

Okay then.

The ex who attempted "suicide" just wanted attention in the end. Oh she got it until she tripped over her own lies...

• What if they are planning on going through with it and just think alerting whoever they socialize with online is a good idea for whatever reason?

lol JK, stupid whining bitches