If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Megaman Legends 3 Cancelled

edited 2011-07-18 22:33:22 in Media
If that don't work, use more gun.
http://www.capcom-unity.com/devroom/blog/2011/07/18/a_message_from_capcom

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!  DAMN YOU CAPCOM!

Comments

• ʍɥɐʇ po ʎon ɔɐll ɐ ɾoʞǝ ʍıʇɥonʇ ɐ dnuɔɥlıuǝ
    I was about to say we already have a thread on this, but I forgot I changed sites.
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Crossposting what I said over on TV Tropes:

Okay, I'm not even a Megaman fan, and I'm annoyed about this. I probably wouldn't be if Capcom hadn't made so many missteps lately, but this is part of a long, probably-not-yet-concluded series of screwups. Are they under new management or something?
  • Yeah, I'm not even a Megaman fan and this pisses me off. It's such a dumbass move on their part.
  • ~♥YES♥~! I *AM* a ~♥cupcake♥~! ^_^
    NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
  • Likes cheesecake unironically.
    On TV Tropes they are raging hard, but here are only five posts?

You disappoint me. There is not enough delicious nerd rage to laugh at.
  • What's there to laugh at? I'm not a fan and I see nothing to laugh about a shit company that can't keep promises.
  • But Megaman rocks! (<
    In joke >_>)

Why would they cancel it?
    ^^ The nerd rage of course.

I don't give a fuck about Mega Man and Capcom, but the reaction amuses me.
  • edited 2011-07-19 12:46:38
    ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    Because Nyarly is Edgecore.

You know, the emo equivalent of "IM EDGY AND SHIT." that that one guy was complaining about in the last TV Tropes thread thread.
  • edited 2011-07-19 12:57:01
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Apparently, they cancelled it because it was really bad, they didn't know how to make it good, and it wouldn't have made a profit if every 3DS owner bought two copies.

So yeah, I'm back to merely being angry about AAI2.
  • edited 2011-07-19 13:03:14
    They're not taking risks anymore, even with safe properties a steady fanbase always buys (you mean to tell they're NOT going to buy an Ace Attorney related game?). That's a bad sign of a company direction.

Also their PR tactics are just laughable, I mean SEGA is doing this better now with Sonic, THEIR mascot, their last few games was indirectly through player feedback and input and they've been alright, with each next game better than the previous. They're succeeding at their mascot's anniversary where Capcom is, well, not.
    >a steady fanbase always buys.

As I said, the current number of 3DS owners meant that it was actually impossible for the game to make a profit.
  • Okay, so why AREN'T you play AAI2 right now?
  • edited 2011-07-19 13:08:35
    Wait, weren't we talking about Megaman?

I'm still pissed as hell about AAI2, but I can see the reasoning behind MML3.
  • Talking about Capcom games in general. I repeat, why aren't you enjoying AAI2 right now, instead of talking to me?

Because they won't even take THAT kind of risk anymore.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    I know Squenix was recently having financial troubles, and were mostly buoyed up by the success of their Eidos IPs (such as Deus Ex) and the latest Final Fantasy main-series title.

I wonder how Capcom is doing.
  • edited 2011-07-19 13:10:24
    Well, I am still pissed about AAI2. But releasing a game when not enough people own the system for it to be worth doing is...well, it's rather similar to the marketing strategy used for the E.T. game.
  • I want to play AAI2 just as much as you do, but until Capcom stops being pussies we're not going to see it anytime soon.
    What they need to do with AAI2 is ask the fan translators for their translation, then put it up on eShop. Boom. Free localization.
  • But they won't even do that, that's the problem. See where I'm getting at? Ah, all those mysteries and characters we're not going to see unless we import.
    Because Nyarly is Edgecore.

You know, the emo equivalent of "IM
    EDGY AND SHIT." that that one guy was complaining about in the last TV
    Tropes thread thread.

Not this shit again...
  • Apparently, they cancelled it because it was really bad, they didn't know how to make it good

So... CAPCOM finally realized that they don't know how to make good games anymore?
  • You can change. You can.
    Sorry, Nyarly, but when all you do is brag about how other people's rage is delishush, it's hard to take you seriously.
    Well, it's not actually meant to be taken seriously.

And by now, all this rage is just annoying. And goes partly into ridiculous levels.
  • I miss Battle Network :(
  • But...but...

THERE WAS A GIRL CHARACTER.

WHO HAD BOOBS THAT WEREN'T THE SIZE OF BLIMPS.

D:
  • ^ Can't have that now can we?
  • edited 2011-07-19 20:04:23
    It wouldn't be such a problem if they just said they were canceling it and explained why, but over the past few months it's like they have been going out of their way to troll MML fans.

"We'll release MML3 based on the sales of this demo we're never going to release!"