If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Subdominant

edited 2011-07-14 23:27:34 in General
We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year
This doesn't even make any sense, it's just another word for "submissive".

Comments

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    I don't think there's even another meaning for "mediant", unfortunately.
  • How are submissive people special enough to get two word, I want two words for when people tie me up for naughtyness.
  • Holy run-on sentence Batman!
  • edited 2011-07-14 23:33:28
    We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year
    That's it, Counterclock's second word is holyrunonsentencebatman.
  • Oh hey, MISS ALL CAPs is lecturing a tired person on grammar.

;_;
  • edited 2011-07-14 23:38:35
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    ^^^That's not a run-on sentence; it's a comma splice.

/pedant.
  • edited 2011-07-14 23:39:45
    But that is sometimes considered to be a type of run-on sentence as well, apparently, depending on who you ask.  I thought the same thing as you, but... then I looked it up.
    How is that a "comma splice"?  It's missing a comma, rather than having a comma spliced into the sentence at an improper juncture.

It's a run-on sentence.
  • edited 2011-07-14 23:42:29
    ^ What?

How are submissive people special enough to get two word, I want two words for when people tie me up for naughtyness.

There's clearly a comma.
  • edited 2011-07-14 23:43:21
    ^^Um...what? There's definitely a comma where the period should be. Are we talking about the same sentence?

Ninja'd.
  • You mean there's a comma where a question mark should be.
  • edited 2011-07-14 23:55:31
    Well, that depended on whether he was talking about post 1 or post 3.
    Oh, I totally misread that sentence.

I read the second half of that as:
    "I want two words for when people tie me up[, i.e., I want two words] for naughtyness."
  • Run on sentences derail XD.

I love this place.
  • @Wicked: You sure that word doesn't mean what's normally called a "switch"? Because I dunno why you would mash together "dominant" and "submissive" if all you meant was "submissive".

Oh, and it sometimes annoys me when people use "dom" and "sub" when they actually mean "top" and "bottom".
  • One foot in front of the other, every day.
    It's a term in music theory that refers to one of the standard intervals.

I forget which one, though. 
  • Mr. The Edge goes to Washington
    I probably just means a subterranean dominant. Morlocks like to get kinky too, I guess.
  • edited 2011-07-15 10:47:48
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Tonic = scale degree 1 ("do"), or the I chord.  In the key of C major, this is C, or the C major chord (C E G).

Dominant = scale degree 5 ("so"), or the V chord.  In the key of C major, this is G, or the G major chord (G B D).

Subdominant = scale degree 4 ("fa"), or the IV chord.  In the key of C major, this is F, or the F major chord (F A C).

I ii iii IV V vi vii° respectively are the tonic, supertonic, mediant, subdominant, dominant, submediant, and leading tone, in a major key.
  • One foot in front of the other, every day.
    Thanks, Glen! :D