If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

What if your pet was as smart or smarter than you?

edited 2011-07-12 21:34:23 in General
Spun off from the other thread, it piqued my curiosity: what if your pet or pets were as smart or smarter than you?

I think if it's as smart or smarter than you, it's not your pet anymore. Partner or companion maybe, but you're equals now.

Comments

• Is this assuming it can speak English?
  • Yes, or at least a method of communication you can both understand.
  • Then it wouldn't be a pet, but its own person.

Not really that conflicting a dilemma really.
  • Well, I don't think the relationship or living arrangements would change too much if the same personality and desires are assumed. But maybe we'd be able to better resolve problems, such as the cat fighting with the dog.

I'd probably cut down a bit more on the inane baby-talk.

And I'd miss jokingly talking shit about them in a cute voice while they remain blissfully unaware.
  • Crazy Cat ladies around the world would rejoice at this Btw.

XD
  • That's for sure. XD
  • I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.
    Well they would till they realised about the barbed penis.
  • Depends on if they're masochists or not.
  • Ian, you've got sex on the mind buddy....

Bestiality on the mind.
  • I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.
    Crazy cat people just want pussy lovin' too CC.
  • ~♥YES♥~! I *AM* a ~♥cupcake♥~! ^_^
    I immediately though of that scene from Futurama...
  • edited 2011-07-12 23:16:07

Just to be different, I'd say it'd still be my pet.

However, they'd probably be a lot more dangerous.  They'd be more apt to learn how to manipulate people, how to harm and threaten, etc.  So you'd have to be more careful than with a dog.

Unless they were bred / genetically engineered / programmed otherwise.  Now THAT would be awesome.

• Animals already know how to hurt you. I think their being intelligent would just mean they'd realize that violence is rarely a good idea in civilized society.
  • I don't have a pet right now, but if they made something that could give bunnies hands that were good enough to play video games it would be so awesome.
  • Those fish are gonna have a hell of a time getting out of that bowl.
  • I want to make a thread hypothesizing about whether or not you'd have a problem with owning a pet that was some kind of fantastical creature (Youkai, Demon, etc.) but had near-human intelligence. 

I feel that that is a slightly different question than the one posed here.
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    If my dog was as smart as me, he'd know that when he wants to play fetch, I can't throw the ball if he doesn't let go of it.
  • You can change. You can.
    If I had a smart dog, I'd tour that shit around the world and earn money from it. If all the dogs were smarter, then...I have a smart dog. Dogs are loyal and useful right now. A smart dog would also be smart and probably gimme advice when I need it or something. 
  • Juan's post reminded me...

Wolves Delivering Pizzas

:D

• "Wolves Delivering Pizzas"

Sounds like A Good Name For A Rock Band.