If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Images you know you'll never use. (Now NSFW)

Comments

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Also I think that octopus has shown up in something involving Jon Stewart and hentai.
  • There is love everywhere, I already know
    cat8lj7.jpg
    Their shirts look oddly reminiscent of the ones in Undefeated Bahamut Chronicle.
    I can see that. That was also a setting where for some reason they had mecha but it was also the middle ages.

oHdSO4L.jpg
    VtOsEEz.jpg
    xVgcpu1.jpg
    109282174_1724273371044765_1044161380779036231_o.png
    Wasn't Braveheart genuinely a movie about valuing freedom over one's life?

And isn't it just like, weird to just go "Also I look forward to you dying."

Anyways I wasn't going to be the one to break the first salvo but there's some stuff I've been wanting to post for a while.

a5fNfYo.jpg
    VFsYZ9G.jpg
  • "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"
    Oooh, politics is fine again!
  • edited 2020-07-15 11:27:57
    Wasn't Braveheart genuinely a movie about valuing freedom over one's life?

It was also a movie about a war, which entails actual targeted action, not reckless endangerment. It was a conflict where people actually fought against one leadership to install another, not defiance out of some vague idea of freedom. I shouldn't have to explain how acting like one is analogous to the other is not exactly a sensibe mindset.

And isn't it just like, weird to just go "Also I look forward to you dying."

I'm not sure why you're criticizing that and not the people actually putting lives at risk

Also, if the intent really was to express "freedom over one's life", then talking about their death is basically the expected response. The two parts of your response don't really make sense together.
  • edited 2020-07-15 12:25:00
    There is love everywhere, I already know
    There's a marked difference between stating that somebody is putting their life at risk* and looking forward to their death.
    I shouldn't have to explain how acting like one is analogous to the other is not exactly a sensible mindset.

It's not, but the spirit of the movie as transmitted by popular culture (ie memetically) is something in that realm. I mean, when Nicola Sturgeon (and Wales) refused to move guidance along with Britain, I thought "well there goes the brave Scottish". It wasn't a serious thought, basically a joke, but it was an association I had. I didn't have the same association with Wales, because Mel Gibson hasn't starred in any movies about the brave Welsh.

I don't think much of the actions of the girls in that post, and I don't really care about Highlander. Mask or no mask, they can do whatever (as per me, not sure about the law in the area they're in). They're just doing one of those "Well you weren't clear!" memes (presumably the guidance was clear though).
    not the people actually putting lives at risk

More broadly, the restrictions that have been imposed on everybody have indeed dented their freedoms. Whether you feel it necessary or not, there will be people out there who value their freedoms over flip-flopping diktats that sometimes change daily. They may not necessarily believe in the efficacy of masks, and have a serious issue with something not proven truly effective. At times, the same people now advocating for masks advised against them (I still have posters in my local supermarket put up early on that stick to this), possibly entirely so health workers didn't run out, which doesn't really sit well.

People might just not trust organizations that have taken time out of their day to do serious butt-covering whilst they're meant to be organizing a consistent response.

Of course, that can be remedied via laws and regulations if whatever government in controls wills it so.

I'm more concerned about the guy who, as much as it is in "jest", looking forward to their deaths.

*I no longer actually know what the masks are for. One prominent form of reasoning was that not putting on masks put others in danger from asymptomatic spread, but the guidance reasoning is constantly shifting and I have like, things to do that aren't briefing up on it every two seconds.
  • "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"
    comment_1594790712IOrXGfKFQO3gvdJo6YZHrZ,w600.jpg

I figured #orcishlivesmatter photo would not work as well to break up the mood.
  • I knew the politics ceasefire had to end at some point, but I didn't expect it to be about XIIIth century Scotland.
    Also, given that that place looks desolate, I'm going to guess that despite the idea, those girls aren't being that careless. I could be missing real-life context though.
    And yeah, the edgy "I hope you die."
  • edited 2020-07-15 15:36:09
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    lrdgck wrote: »
    Oooh, politics is fine again!
    Social controversies make good fodder for entertaining zingers.
    I knew the politics ceasefire had to end at some point, but I didn't expect it to be about XIIIth century Scotland.
    Also, given that that place looks desolate, I'm going to guess that despite the idea, those girls aren't being that careless. I could be missing real-life context though.
    And yeah, the edgy "I hope you die."
    Yeah, I wouldn't have written that, though I admit it was entertaining to read that, particularly in a black Scottish charizard Scottish accent.

Also, that is the back of a wholesale club (e.g. Sam's Club, Costco, BJ's Wholesale). The front typically has large crowds going in and out and lining up to pay. I don't know where these two people are from though so I can't speak for their local conditions.

Honestly I just thought the zinger was funny, but I guess we're going full-bore into the hot takes now. Whoops.

There's a marked difference between stating that somebody is putting their life at risk* and looking forward to their death.
    Like I mentioned, I wouldn't have responded that way -- though I probably would have just ignored this post unless forced to respond.
    It's not, but the spirit of the movie as transmitted by popular culture (ie memetically) is something in that realm.
    That's hardly a justification, and leaves open the criticism that someone missed the point of the movie.
    More broadly, the restrictions that have been imposed on everybody have indeed dented their freedoms.
    By this argument, all of the following sorts of laws "dent" people's freedoms:
    * laws prohibiting people from yelling cusswords at the neighborhood
    * laws prohibiting public urination
    * all traffic control signs
    ...and so on.
    Whether you feel it necessary or not, there will be people out there who value their freedoms over flip-flopping diktats that sometimes change daily.
    Except, for people going out shopping, the rules haven't "changed daily"; it's basically gone from "stay at home unless you have to go out" to "wear masks when you go out", and these are pretty much the lowest-hanging fruit as far as obvious personal safety measures go, even if you're not asked to do it.

The changes for retail/restaurant/other businesses have been more complex and uncertain, sure, but that's not what's being criticized here.
    They may not necessarily believe in the efficacy of masks, and have a serious issue with something not proven truly effective.
    *I no longer actually know what the masks are for. One prominent form of reasoning was that not putting on masks put others in danger from asymptomatic spread, but the guidance reasoning is constantly shifting and I have like, things to do that aren't briefing up on it every two seconds.
    The point of masks is simply to cover the nose and mouth, so that at least some of the stuff a person breathes/sneezes/spits out (even in the course of talking) is prevented from flying out by the mask, and at least some of the stuff in the surrounding air is filtered out by the mask before a person breathes it in. You can prove this to yourself by simply putting cloth over your nose and mouth and trying to blow on something. It's not really any complicated than that.

They're not absolute barriers, but they are certainly better than nothing.
    At times, the same people now advocating for masks advised against them (I still have posters in my local supermarket put up early on that stick to this), possibly entirely so health workers didn't run out, which doesn't really sit well.
    The early reasoning was to ask people who had the disease to wear masks while having everyone else avoid masks so as to prevent a crazy run on masks -- which was a plausible event given how there was already a run on toilet paper. That idea obviously didn't really work well, but at this point we (at least here in the US) have a far greater supply of masks than we did earlier, so the product availability conditions have changed.

I don't know how well information from the US, for the US, matches up with your local conditions.
  • edited 2020-07-15 16:11:13
    GLENNMAGUSHARVEY unleashes BIDE!
    Honestly I just thought the zinger was funny,
    I thought so too, but it wasn't worth the heartless hostility. It should've been something like "you'll end up having the same life expectancy as in 13th century Scotland."
    Edit: for the record I thought the original tweet was funny in itself, too.
    And now for something completely different.

34oqyvpbmgzf.jpg
    comment_1581444582ONxq50RtzPOY00fJVtNQpf,w600.jpg

comment_1593276591aAa6y97aXpjL6vRGxOZz0X,w600.jpg

comment_1588079266s01KsCjIcBJfYzSAG5mqpF,w600.jpg
    And now for something completely different.

comment_1594846599Fdx6DmMRioLN4aCi2c6Hyv,w400.jpg

Sorry, that's about the edgiest I had at hand.
    What is with that goth girl.

ydSQHew.jpg
    QXrNHrr.jpg
    7ujSBKv.jpg

Good episode for Daisuke faces.
    comment_1594882850ffM4dXq7xL0TdM7belkYcp,w400.jpg

comment_1594892458uIJO7EPMnW4QoiNL7ghaJB,w400.jpg
    bGyzJVD.jpgERcxLwD.jpg
    xo8Lo4t.jpg
    comment_1594908266tKtcQWDI6b8h9YGV2ELd52,w400.jpg

Is it edgy enough?
    hN2iK7pI.jpeg
    comment_1595003615mAEG4aiOHkZ6NmKvDPy0Ab.jpg
    CCuHG6z.jpg
    comment_15951766083gOoGELPxSaDTsHSO5BjHR,w600.jpg
    You know people have been claiming zoomers are getting into religion and this almost makes me buy it.

zD6UtxP.jpg
    ^ that's one nasty carrot.

comment_1595143458yPp84MjWx0W4q6D6OJQ3Kb.jpg

comment_1595160092FabbThVEVWUsC8gHLtuUtc,w600.jpg

comment_1595239315ujYGL9ypToLsp2Coz1IhIg.jpg

comment_1595237010KRNCabtVA57uYaUjccQpfE,w600.jpg

comment_1595231669m1ZnWwuFJjY4gTctvHBleE,w600.jpg

comment_1595239863kMYcNkvPtEwBs69qlESOMj,w600.jpg

comment_15952430016Ck7jqiyo1XEcAWl6GdLN7,w400.jpg
  • edited 2020-07-21 12:05:17
    There is love everywhere, I already know
    Is that one thing an OnlyFans ad?

The other stuff brings a whole new dimension to Chicken Arms.

g6o3SuU.jpg
    Us26191.jpg