If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

The new Pokemon Movies

edited 2011-02-16 00:21:21 in Media
No rainbow star
So far, they are apparently going to be very similar, with Zekrom and Reshiram swapping places in the movies

Even if the plots are fairly different... Just... Why?

If the plots are different, then I'm betting each movie contains half the story. Just... THE GAMES ARE BAD ENOUGH WITH ONE FOR THE PRICE OF TWO!

...=/ I've seen clips of the new season and the anime apparently has had an upturn, so this is dampening my enthusiasm over seeing the anime D:

Comments

• See, you're watching the Pokemon movies. That's your problem.
  • SPOILER ALERT THEY SACRIFICE THEMSELVES
  • I love Pokemon and just made a thread about watching My Little Pony, and even I wonder what the fuck you're doing watching the movies.
  • No rainbow star
    Gelzo: I was thinking going back to watching the anime and movies, as I heard they had improved. This is making me change my mind
  • You probably need more reliable sources, then.
  • I started watching the Pokemon anime with my preteen sister.

We watch whichever episodes she can find on TV, be it the latest season or the 2001 episodes on Boomerang.

You needed to know this.
  • Hey the third movie was pretty good!

When I watched it 7 years ago.
  • I think my favorite was Pokemon the Movie 2000.  Remember how almost everything made that year had to have something to do with the new millenium?  Anyway, I found the plot to be a lot less groan-worthy than that of the FIRST (emphasis theirs) movie. 
  • No rainbow star
    Gelzo: The main thing that people tried telling me (and that I even saw in some clips) is that Team Rocket is actually threatening for once (doing a perfect landing after falling for a pitfall instead of looking pathetic)
  • Lugia was a badass. And nobody sacrificed themselves. And Zapdos was fucking hardcore.
  • 2000 was the only remotely good one.
  • No rainbow star
    I did like Lucario and the Mystery of Mew just because Ash gets in a fist fight with something that has SPIKES on the back of its hands

It's like the epitome of stupidity
  • I remember seeing the first three at the cinema. I personally love the first one.