If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Why am I not crying?

edited 2011-07-11 14:04:17 in Media
To be or not to be? That is the question.
I wanted to cry during a film, an anime, a videogame, or a book, but I just don't feel the sadness coming to me at all. The only movie that made me cry is Pixar's Up. To a lesser extent, one song of CLANNAD's OST made me cry a bit...

However, that is not enough. I wanted to cry some more (Also, in before Heavy pops out of nowhere) in some scenes in a film, anime, book, videogame, but I just... Can't... Am I souless...?

To be honest, I really wanted to cry during some parts of Knights in the Nightmare,Mirai Nikki,Puella Magi Madoka Magica, Red Dead Redemption... But I just can't...

Comments

• You wanted to cry during parts of Mirai Nikki?

>_>
  • You can change. You can.
    Eh, it's nautral.

Apparently, I'm a monster from hell for not crying at "I don't want to go" or at "I'm doing the right thing...at the end...right?" 

• Mr. The Edge goes to Washington
    I didn't want to cry during Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants, but I did.
  • To be or not to be? That is the question.
    (Possible Spoilers) Blame Yukiteru's loss of his family.

I guess the reason why I'm not crying at parts of Mirai Nikki is because of Yuno, the Crazy Awesome Yandere.
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    "I know now why you cry, but it's something I can never do."
  • The usual mood in Mirai Nikki makes it impossible for me to feel much related to happiness or sadness.
    I feel like bringing Jesse Custer up, except something tells me that only Malkavian, Crake and Moe Dantes would understand why I would, and the last two would go all "Lol Preacher is bad and gorey and shitty"
  • edited 2011-07-11 14:13:43
    MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    I was called a monster because I thought not only was The Christmas Shoes not heartbreaking, but actually a really creepy song.

^I'd totally get it. "Till the end of the world'. (sniffs)
  • ... "The Christmas Shoes" is supposed to be heartbreaking?

I only cry when the "tearjerkers" are described to me, not when I'm actually watching them. Fridge Horror is a bonus.

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    I don't usually cry at things.  I feel sad and stuff, but there's only been like four things that have ever made me actually cry ever.
  • MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    I cried at Highlander...

I was like six...

I still think that scene where he's holding his dying wife is really effective.
  • edited 2011-07-11 14:18:27
    You can change. You can.
    ^^ This guy is me for the rest of the conversation as I get to shower.

^ You know, after all this time, I still have yet to see Highlander.
  • When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
    Apparently Toy Story 3 was supposed to make me cry. I don't like it much. 
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    I just watched Highlander for the first time a couple weeks ago.  It wasn't that great, but it kept my attention.

^Toy Story 3 was one of the things that made me cry.
  • I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.
    Toy Story 3 didn't make me cry, I was hoping for a downer ending.
    Like if they'd just been unable to escape that furnace bit at the end and it all being made into a downer metaphor for growing up or something.
  • Mr. The Edge goes to Washington

Toy Story 3, Up, Finding Nemo...

Pixar, you masters of emotional manipulation!

Let's see...

> Toy Story 3 made me cry.
    > Wesley's death made me cry.
    > The Wake from Sandman
    > As mentioned before, Preacher's ending.
    > Y the Last Man's ending did too.
    > The Shawshank Redemption.

And that'd be it, really.

• I didn't cry at any Pixar movies. >_>

I cried more at the anime Kore wa zombie desu ka?
    >ending of Thirteen
    >ending of Jurassic Park (smw)
    >ending of Gladiator
    >ending of Braveheart
    Damn it, Vorpy, why must you like the cheese so much? XP
  • edited 2011-07-11 14:30:05
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    >Toy Story 3
    >[Ilya/Berserker's] death scene/flashback in the Unlimited Blade Works route of Fate/stay night
    >Anya's speech in The Body
    >Ten's regeneration
    >Grave of the Fireflies
    >The end of the series finale of Lost

And I think that's it for me.
    Oooooh, Lost. Forgot about that one. 

inb4 Malk Speaks.

inb4 Sibling rivalry.
    >Vegeta's goodbye speech to Trunks as he gets ready to kill Majin Buu.

>When Miyo Takano finally gets defeated, and all of her co-workers that she attempted to kill off so she can move on with her plan, forgive her and save her from being executed by the military that was sent to stop her.
  • MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    Persona 4 and the whole deal with Nanako made me cry.... Heck, Nanako's entire social link was a tear-jerker for me.
  • edited 2011-07-11 15:27:46
    Kichigai birthday!!
    >Terranigma's ending
    >The Green Mile
    >That part in Up where Karl is looking at that book he had with his wife and sees all the new pages she added.I didn't cry at the opening scene though
    Weirdly enough, i didn't cry at the opening scene, too. But I remember crying during Up. I just can't remember when specifically, which is why I didn't bother to list it.
  • One foot in front of the other, every day.
    Boromir's death so much.

Also, when Littlefoot's mom dies in Land Before Time. ;~;
  • Persona 4 and the whole deal with Nanako made me cry....

Me too. :c
  • edited 2011-07-11 16:15:13
    Has friends besides tanks now
    Hmm . . .

>numerous times listening to Protest the Hero and letting my imagination wander
    >once or twice listening to Muse's "Starlight"
    >Grave of the Fireflies (didn't utterly break my heart like I expected it to, though; more like I cried through half the credits and went on with my day)
    >[The last episode of] Madoka Magica.
    >I would have cried at [Ace's death] (One Piece), but I was reading it in a workshop and was surrounded by about twenty other people
    >>One Piece's thirteenth opening made me tear up
    >[Satou barely escaping death and subsequently breaking down] in Welcome to the NHK
    >>Welcome to the NHK's second ending performed on piano. 

And that's just from recent memory.